Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a 67yo retired guy that has always been into cars. I'm old enough to have owned all kinds of cars. The oldest was a 1951 DeSoto Coupe. I had a 1959 Austin Healey. Bought a new 1972 BMW 2002 and lots of others. The one I regret selling the most was a 1998 BMW M3. Gaud I loved that car. Anyway, my last car was a MINI S hardtop. Nice car but not much power and expensive to upgrade.
Not sure of what got me into looking at a Veloster but the more I read the better it sounded. Test drove one and was hooked. I did get the Performance Package and like the extra power and especially the LSD. No not that kind of LSD. The worst part of the car for me is getting in it. Once I'm in everything is great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
38 year old single (and quite content to be) mother to a 6 year old girl... who loves the N and calls it mommy’s race car. I narrowed my car search to a WRX, Civic type R... for the money I’m happy with my choice. https://jalopnik.com/why-pick-a-2019-hyundai-veloster-n-over-a-civic-type-r-1837053934 This article really sealed the deal for me. Was a bit difficult to track down a N with PP but worth the search and the wait. I use it as a daily driver and my daughter proudly gets dropped to school from her little triangle door.

My top qualifications for this car choice were manual transmission, HP, turbo, good tech, compact hatch, nice look, but good cargo space. I’ve hauled small furniture and luggage easily. The lay flat seats and hatch give an impressive amount of space. I have been very impressed with the torque and the pull of the N PP. The versatility of the N-mode, sport, and drive mode makes it a great daily driver and fun weekend car.

The only thing I’m unimpressed with is the small gas tank and low gas mileage. I expected to get 30mpg but get about 22!

Very happy driver!

·
Registered
39 Posts
51 y/o male. Lifelong hatch owner. First car was a '79 Corolla Liftback that cemented in my mind that hatchbacks are the most versatile cars ever made. The N is my sixth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
28y/o, male, been a long road of cars, started with a 00 Ford Expedition, 09 vw golf, 15 Jeep jk wrangler, 17 Ram Rebel, 18 Ram 2500 Cummins, and now Currently have a 03 TJ Rubicon,
2019 Veloster N PP

·
Registered
31 Posts
Okay I'll bite. 40yo black male with 4 kids, two of which are grown adults. Last car was a heavily modded 2006 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L from bolt-ons to N2O and turbo build. That car also has a posi limited slip differential. Still got that car but it's my sons and it's back to NA. The N is everything I ever wanted plus!

·
Registered
13 Posts
29 this month. Have a loving girlfriend but no family yet.

I've owned the following:
2002 V6 Camaro (high school)
2002 Trans Am WS6 (college)
2014 Camaro SS 1LE (bought brand new)
2020 Veloster N (bought brand new)

Just don't EVER see myself with anything other than a performance / sports car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
33 male. Came from JDM cars, but had been following the development of this car for years since Bierman first started working on the project and was intrigued about the 'N' program. Test drove it and that's all that needed to happen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm... thought I added to this, but no.

Over 40 DINK household.

2020 VN-PP in Chalk White.

Previous cars:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
1999 Ford Contour SVT
1996 Mitsubishi Galant

·
Registered
6 Posts
22 single male, just graduated. Blue N PP as a daily driver.

Previous cars:
2 Mazdaspeed3's (don't ask)
2011 Mini JCW.

Also drove my dad's cars during high school as my primary vehicles, those were a 91 Jetta GLI, 2008 Mini Clubman S, and 2012 GTI

·
Registered
8 Posts
Male - 48 - midlife crisis mobile. My wife doesn't care for the looks of the car, as she is a Toyota fangirl ... she was also embarrassed when I did the golf clubs in and out test at the dealership before buying, but you gotta have priorities. 2020 - Chalk White N PP / day 2 in the driveway

·
Registered
2 Posts
29, male and married with a kid on the way. Recently purchased a white 2020 Veloster N PP. Second vehicle is an MK7 Golf TDI.

Previous vehicles:
09 Subaru Legacy GT (5M)
13 BMW 328i (8A)

·
Registered
10 Posts
53, married with no kids. We like small cars. 89 Civic SI, 97 BMW Z3 2.8L, 2010 MINI Cooper S, current DD is a 2014 Mazda 6.

The N is in the garage but it gets out 2 -3 times a week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
42 and single. No kids or pets
Pp vn chalk white
Past cars 2007 wrx tr ( highly modified)
Scion TC " lol for about 42 days.
Jeep Cherokee
Rx7

61 - 80 of 115 Posts