Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I bought a 21 DCT and am scheduled to pick it up this Friday. I’ve had some issues with the sale team post-sale. Basically, once I bought the car, they clearly were busy with more important things. Anyway, I bought the car in sept., and have been waiting.

Today I found out it has been at the dealer lot for two weeks or more. Who doesn’t call the customer to let them know the car has been delivered? Why delay the sale? Seems suspicious. I’m concerned it may have been used for test drives.
how many km’s should I expect upon delivery? The dealer is Hyundai of Oakville, btw. can I refuse the car? I haven’t approached them about this new issue.

btw, here’s the car. Too soon to say my car?

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
I got mine with 91 miles on it when I purchased it new. I'd say less than 50 if you already bought the car.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Definitely under 20 kms.
If there is a lot more mileage on your car I would either refuse it, or ask for a discount.
Secondly, the dealers know that the N's are for driver enthusiasts, so I'm surprised it sat of the lot for for over 2 weeks before letting you know it had arrived.
Since the N's with DCT's are very new, if the mileage is high the owner and top management might have taken it out for a joy ride.
By the way, you definitely chose the very best color.👍👍
Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello. I bought a 21 DCT and am scheduled to pick it up this Friday. I’ve had some issues with the sale team post-sale. Basically, once I bought the car, they clearly were busy with more important things. Anyway, I bought the car in sept., and have been waiting.

Today I found out it has been at the dealer lot for two weeks or more. Who doesn’t call the customer to let them know the car has been delivered? Why delay the sale? Seems suspicious. I’m concerned it may have been used for test drives.
how many km’s should I expect upon delivery? The dealer is Hyundai of Oakville, btw. can I refuse the car? I haven’t approached them about this new issue.

btw, here’s the car. Too soon to say my car?
Mine had 27 kms from Hyundai North Vancouver....my previous car (which I bought new) had 11 kms so I thought this was strange. I agree with Maverick1 that under 20 km is reasonable, 27 km to me is more than just going from the dealership to the corner store to get a soda...I try not to think about it too much!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine had 27 kms from Hyundai North Vancouver....my previous car (which I bought new) had 11 kms so I thought this was strange. I agree with Maverick1 that under 20 km is reasonable, 27 km to me is more than just going from the dealership to the corner store to get a soda...I try not to think about it too much!!
Just a heads up the dealer always has to drive the new car to a local gas station to give the customer a full tank of gas so depending on how far the gas station is will partly determine the delivery mileage.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just email them to ask for the mileage, and if it seems high then ask them to explain the mileage. That way it’ll all be in writing if you ever need it. Realistically, though, don’t worry too much about the delivery mileage. The car maintains the same warranty regardless (which starts from delivery mileage anyway). Do the proper break-in from when you get it and just enjoy it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. Really helpful! I’m told it has 15 kms. I was there yesterday but it was up on the lift having the n mud flaps and my winter wheels installed, so couldn’t personally check.

if all goes well, I’ll take delivery tomorrow morning, where I will drive it straight to a local detailer for new car prep, paint correction, ppf and tints. For local folks, I’m taking my car to Inception Auto Detailing in Oakville. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Pics below of my wheels. The silvers are my winters.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replies. Really helpful! I’m told it has 15 kms. I was there yesterday but it was up on the lift having the n mud flaps and my winter wheels installed, so couldn’t personally check.

if all goes well, I’ll take delivery tomorrow morning, where I will drive it straight to a local detailer for new car prep, paint correction, ppf and tints. For local folks, I’m taking my car to Inception Auto Detailing in Oakville. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Pics below of my wheels. The silvers are my winters.
Good luck with the delivery my friend, hope everything goes as planned.
What size wheels are those Traklites?
I'm looking for some aftermarket wheels 17" or 18" to soften up the ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is good to know as I am waiting for my car to arrive. I brought this up as a concern to the dealership when putting my order because I was able to test drive a 2021 DCT, which they sold a few days after. So I don't want the same to happen to my car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
This is good to know as I am waiting for my car to arrive. I brought this up as a concern to the dealership when putting my order because I was able to test drive a 2021 DCT, which they sold a few days after. So I don't want the same to happen to my car.
Did you give it a good thrashing on your test drive?
Did the salesman accompany you on the drive?
Back in May when I first test drove a Veloster n with covid-19 on everyone's mind, I took it out by myself, no salesman for about 45 minutes of thrashing, so much fun, which is what got me hooked on the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you give it a good thrashing on your test drive?
Did the salesman accompany you on the drive?
Back in May when I first test drove a Veloster n with covid-19 on everyone's mind, I took it out by myself, no salesman for about 45 minutes of thrashing, so much fun, which is what got me hooked on the car.
LOL, you bet I did. No salesman. It was the best test drive ever!!
DCT was fun and quick, but I missed driving manual. I rarely used the paddles when I had the MK6 GTI with DSG

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good luck with the delivery my friend, hope everything goes as planned.
What size wheels are those Traklites?
I'm looking for some aftermarket wheels 17" or 18" to soften up the ride.
Hey Mav. The rims are 18x8. I bought them at Tires23. Tires 23 :: Mississauga ON Tires & Auto Parts Shop

ive purchased a number of rims and tires from these people. Best prices I’ve been able to find in the west end.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey Mav. The rims are 18x8. I bought them at Tires23. Tires 23 :: Mississauga ON Tires & Auto Parts Shop

ive purchased a number of rims and tires from these people. Best prices I’ve been able to find in the west end.
Thank you sir. Much obliged.
I take it you're going with a manual transmission?
Smart move taking it right after delivery to get ppf, minimizes the chances of getting any paint chips.
I've read that 17" Traklites will just fit the N front brakes.
Maybe I can pick one up from them and test fit it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I picked up the car this morning. Wow! It sure is a looker in the metal. Everything went smoothly. I only put about 10 kms before dropping it off at the detailer. It’s a DCT. Which I’ve never had before. The shifts are lightning fast. Nice burble on deceleration.

i found n mode to be perfectly comfortable, though my wife did not agree with me. The extra sidewall likely helps a lot.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I picked up the car this morning. Wow! It sure is a looker in the metal. Everything went smoothly. I only put about 10 kms before dropping it off at the detailer. It’s a DCT. Which I’ve never had before. The shifts are lightning fast. Nice burble on deceleration.

i found n mode to be perfectly comfortable, though my wife did not agree with me. The extra sidewall likely helps a lot.

Cheers.
Hey Papa Chomp did you get the N detailed (or) ceramic coated? Got mine ceramically coated...not cheap but so far
so good!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you get ppf?
Okay Mav...had to look it up. No I didn't get the Paint Protection Film but opted for the Ceramic Coating as it resists dirt and grime a lot more and never needs waxing (BTW normally takes me 15 hours to wax my car, so huge time savings for yours truly). The film for me was like a car wrap and I've always been wary of those especially when you want to take the wrap off...that said I was lucky no paint correction but have to say the car looked 100 times better when I picked it up from Ceramic Pro than I did from the dealer 6 months earlier!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Okay Mav...had to look it up. No I didn't get the Paint Protection Film but opted for the Ceramic Coating as it resists dirt and grime a lot more and never needs waxing (BTW normally takes me 15 hours to wax my car, so huge time savings for yours truly). The film for me was like a car wrap and I've always been wary of those especially when you want to take the wrap off...that said I was lucky no paint correction but have to say the car looked 100 times better when I picked it up from Ceramic Pro than I did from the dealer 6 months earlier!!
I agree that ceramic coating is definitely the way to go vs wax or sealants, as it lasts incredibly long (1-7 years), and gives an amazing shine and has great hydrophobic properties.
In the spring I plan on ceramic coating my car with gtechniq.
Unfortunately, ceramic coating will not protect your paint from getting chips.
After I got ppf on my 2005 Porsche, the level of protection it gave was incredible.
I kept the Porsche for 10 years and there were ZERO paint chips on the protected parts. My bad was that it was the first time getting ppf and I cheaped out, only getting it on the bumper and 1/2 the hood and 1/2 coverage on the fenders.
Long story short the only chips I had after 10 years were on the exposed portions of the hood and fenders.
So anyone thinking of getting ppf, don't cheap out and get it on the entire front end, I guarantee you won't be sorry.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts