Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used Plasti Dip for my H badges. It applies like spray paint and peels off unwanted sections very cleanly. It’s extremely easy to work with. $5 for a can. If you want blacked out badges it is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You block off the general area with tape and then spray onto the emblem and the car. It peels right off the unwanted areas (including paint) after it dries. There are lots of good videos on YouTube for proper application!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wrapped mine with 3M gloss black film. Took about 30 minutes tops. All you need is a film blade, hair dryer/heat gun and a little patience.

I bought a color match rear badge from ImportShark. I would advise not to purchase from these guys. It took almost 3 months to get my order. I guess I was lucky. If I had to do it all over again, I would just get a can of paint from Paintscratch.com and paint it myself.

Turned out great though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you take your time it is possible to mask and paint both of the emblems on the car (or you can take them off and then reinstall). I spent like an hour masking off my front N with the intention of using black plasti dip and the plasti dip glossifier (which makes it a little shiny and keeps it from fading). After all that masking I decided to go ahead and paint them with real paint. I just used duplicolor brand adhesion promoter first, followed by duplicolor gloss black, and then duplicolor gloss clear. Turned out really nice. The front N had gotten a couple of chips in it that I just touched up with paint.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Hey, before you but form Import Shark, read this....

It seems the guy running it is a complete a$$-hat!

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Don't deal with Mike Caducci/Import Shark. I've had first hand dealings with him and he's not someone you want to do business with. I'll leave it at this and let you make your own discoveries and do the personal research. "Caveat Emptor"

is the dealer /manufacturer you want to deal. I've done a bit of business with them in the past and present. They do exceptional work and are simply great to deal with. They helped me get the H & N Emblems initially done for the VN. Talk to Erica and or Austin Huber owners/proprietors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts