Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just bought dct veloster n and i was asking the dealership about installing a car start and they said its not available right now but the car automatic so i dont the the clutch problem like the manuals can a 3rd party starter work on it what should i do and if anything anyone here owns and dct veloster n that has a starter installed ????

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am pretty sure you already have remote start through the Hyundai Blue Link app. Download it, make an account and pair it up to your car.

All current gen manual Hyundai's don't have this option and us manual guys need to look into the aftermarket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure you already have remote start through the Hyundai Blue Link app. Download it, make an account and pair it up to your car.

All current gen manual Hyundai's don't have this option and us manual guys need to look into the aftermarket.
yah i got that going but after what 3 years bluelink is done u have to pay monthly for u to use and i aint about to do that and i know i can deal with this 3 years later but if can solve the problem now why w8 thats why im asking if anyone got any input on putting on a remote start on a dct VN coz my dealer is say they haven't have one for the VN yet what's that suppose to mean a starter that's special to the VN i highly doubt that, was thinking of buying like compustar starter and getting installed but not sure what will it do to the car but yet again my VN is dct how hard can it be to put a start in it ryt just treat it like any automatic car ?? thats what I'm not sure about.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes but you can pay the service I believe monthly or quarterly. Be patient,the aftermarket will catch up.
You can also purchase the Blue LInk as needed. When I had my Tucson 2017 I would purchase the Blue link for three months every year starting in December. So I had the remote start option for winter, then I let it end in March and re-activated it again in December. If I remember correctly it was like $50 a year doing it that way, and the first year was free, so I think I made out.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT 2021 Jeep Gladitaor Ecodiesel
32 Posts
I would add that I would rather use any other remote start than the bluelink app.You could probably find my rant about bluelink when I was trying to figure out how to leave my dog in a car locked for a few minutes in the store with the air on during the summertime. I either have to leave the car running unlocked. Or I have to shut the car off and remote start it with the bluelink app and sit and wait a minute awkwardly by my car to make sure that it starts. Then I have 10 minutes max to go inside the store LMAO. I overestimated how nice it was to get out of my running mustang and press the lock button on the fob. Bonus pro tip: Make sure to change the setting in bluelink that automatically monitors your driving and sells it/shares it with insurance companies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts