Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at my options, I'm not entirely sure what lowering springs will fit the DCT as none of the manufacturers or distributors have that information listed. I can't imagine there would be any problem running any of the standard options, i.e. Whiteline, Ark Performance, etc., but I just wanna make sure. Anyone have any experience with lowering their DCT N?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure if it was DCT or not but I’ve only heard of 2 related lowering springs suspension failures-and that could’ve been the installation (damaged sensor etc). I think you’re fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if it was DCT or not but I’ve only heard of 2 related lowering springs suspension failures-and that could’ve been the installation (damaged sensor etc). I think you’re fine
I emailed Whiteline to ensure fitment on the DCT model, currently waiting on reply. Regardless of any damages that may or may not happen, I don't even know if lowering springs will fit and what differences may be present on the DCT as opposed to a manual car. Hoping for good news when I get emailed back so I can make an order.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I emailed Whiteline to ensure fitment on the DCT model, currently waiting on reply. Regardless of any damages that may or may not happen, I don't even know if lowering springs will fit and what differences may be present on the DCT as opposed to a manual car. Hoping for good news when I get emailed back so I can make an order.
I love H&R just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm 99% sure that the springs will physically fit. You have to remember though that the DCT weights a bit more in the front so theoretically any spring would need a higher spring rate to achieve the same results as on the MT cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 99% sure that the springs will physically fit. You have to remember though that the DCT weights a bit more in the front so theoretically any spring would need a higher spring rate to achieve the same results as on the MT cars.
The reply I received from Whiteline stated that their technicians had no notes for fitment on an N with the DTC but the notes DID say that they would fit on cars with multilink rear suspension, which would be all of our cars, correct? As for the weight difference, I've taken that into account so I think it may be in my best interest to just wait to go lower after there's a dedicated set of lowering springs for cars with the DCT.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
You need to compare the part numbers for front and rear suspension. If they’re the same for the 2019/2020 your alright. If not it’s a wait and see game.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if this will help anyone but I contacted ARK about their lowering springs for the added DCT weight and here is what they said:
”Yes, our spring rates for the Veloster N ARK GT-S is compatible and efficient for with or without DCT. What type of driving will you be using your Veloster N?”

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if this will help anyone but I contacted ARK about their lowering springs for the added DCT weight and here is what they said:
”Yes, our spring rates for the Veloster N ARK GT-S is compatible and efficient for with or without DCT. What type of driving will you be using your Veloster N?”
Yep! I'm lowered on ARK GT-S springs now since the posting of this discussion. Thank you though I appreciate it! So far so good I've been throughly enjoying them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts