Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put an exhaust on a 2021 DCT yet? I'm hoping to get a borla system on mine, but wasn't sure if the midpipe is different on the dct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you man, you are a savior on these forums. I emailed borla and the rep said it was manual trans only, maybe they just haven't had a DCT for testing yet.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I can't see how anything is changed. All the engine mounting and engine positioning is the same from what I've seen. I'm sure they haven't had one in hand and they're hesitant to suggest otherwise.

One thing you or any owner can do to help is post a photo of the underside of the VN DCT. I know there's an additional hump that precludes the MT intake but other than that. I can see no other differences.

DCT / Manual

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
22 Posts
I absolutely will next time it's up in the air.
We are talking about this in another thread if interested. I have a DCT and contacted Borla with a pretty unhelpful response basically saying they can only confirm up to 2020. I couldn't tell if it meant it will work but we cannot tell you that it works yet, or if it was just a generic reply. You can follow here: Borla Exhaust

·
Registered
144 Posts
The rear section is different but I believe it’s just the internals. This guy swapped his exhaust from a 6 speed to his dct and it’s much louder.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The rear section is different but I believe it’s just the internals. This guy swapped his exhaust from a 6 speed to his dct and it’s much louder.
Looks like you'd just need the manual transmission hangers along with any exhaust specifically for the manual

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Measured from the downpipe flange to the end of the resonator, it was 36". From the flange to the weld at the muffler and I got 95".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts