Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I used some dashboard “cleaner and protectant” the other day on the VN and it just left the dashboard an oily mess. Anyone have any recommendations on a cleaner only? I don’t want the glossy oil shine, I just want to get rid of the dust and grime.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gotta agree with @nomad17; I use 303 Cleaner to clean the interior plastic bits, and then go over it again with 303 Protectant. It has always worked well in my other vehicles, so I just continued using it for the N. It's the only interior cleaning chemical I've found that doesn't leave any sort of residue or slickness.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't beat Carpro perl. A little pricy compapred to other products but you dilute it for what you are using it on, 5:1 for interior plastics 3:1 for exterior plastic trim and 1:1 for tires. Makes all plastic or vinyl look brand new without the overly shinny/oily finish and also has really good UV protection

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have used both 303 and Chemical Guys VRP. They perform almost identical on plastic trim, but Chemical Guys VRP gives you the addition of being a tire shine as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hot take: tire shine looks gross, like you just ran through some roadkill. Personally, I like that really dull soft compound rubber look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I’m going to give the 303 cleaner a try as all I’m looking for is to clean not to shine. Appreciate all the help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hot take: tire shine looks gross, like you just ran through some roadkill. Personally, I like that really dull soft compound rubber look.
You do realize that there isn't just one tire shine... they have different looks and purposes. What you're referencing is high shine, but for example VRP is a very dull almost matte looking tire finish. It turns your rubber from looking gray and faded to a deep rich black (the same reason people get 303).

Now I agree that high shine tire finishes can look awful, however I really don't think this looks like I ran over roadkill.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You do realize that there isn't just one tire shine... they have different looks and purposes. What you're referencing is high shine, but for example VRP is a very dull almost matte looking tire finish. It turns your rubber from looking gray and faded to a deep rich black (the same reason people get 303).

Now I agree that high shine tire finishes can look awful, however I really don't think this looks like I ran over roadkill.
View attachment 3822
Looks good! Which product do you use?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I only use 303 protectant because it doesn't leave an oily film, and is very good at protecting the dash from UV damage.
Also a good idea is to always use a reflective windshield shade. Really saves your interior.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 3822
No it just looks like you ran over some pine needles and leaves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For my tires, I use Chemical Guys Silk Shine Protectant. This has more of a satin sheen. Makes the tires look really clean and dark. This is a week after washing:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts