Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a big deal as I ordered stiffer exhaust hangers for the muffler BUT curious if anyone else ran into this after downpipe installation? My driver side exhaust tip is now hanging about an inch lower than the passenger side. The downpipe does hang down just slightly further than the oem cat. Attempted to tweak the factory body hanger a smidge to get it aligned but those are crazy reinforced lmao. Ended up just purchasing a smaller poly hanger to install on driver side hopefully fixing it and leveling out the gap with the passenger tip. Will update with the final result. Average people don't notice these things but us car peeps have that ocd passion with stuff like this ;P

·
Registered
260 Posts
My passenger exaust is hanging low, i only just recently noticed that as well. I have the sxth downpipe. Lmk about the hangers, id be interested if they fix the issue

·
Super Moderator
790 Posts
I put a new mid pipe on yesterday but mine hung low too. (lol....) Still does but it's like 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I bet once the exhaust settles this happens regardless what down pipe we have. Mine is still the stocker...

Br

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sony.. curious how you like the downpipe? Any issues with the build? Did you put a J bend on the rear o2 or just install it directly to the bung? Issues during install? Any Check Engine Lights? Let us know how the other mount does and take a pick of the rear if you do not mind. If you dont have a upload account somewhere shoot me the photo and Ill toss it on my flickr.

Thanks again and let us know what you think of the downpipe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late response BUT after installing some poly Grimmspeed exhaust hanger bushings the exhaust is held perfectly centered how it should be now! So they work really well for lightly tweaked exhausts. I didn't put a J bend on the AFE downpipe as the rear o2 location is ectually extended further out than the upstream one. So far I've put about 400 miles on the car and no MIL. So I'm gonna say it isn't necessary at this point. I'll update if it does come on. I like the downpipe it added a deeper tone and noticeably louder. Pops a little more but normal driving is still reasonable. Not obnoxious, I feel it's actually the perfect amount of noise. I wouldn't say there was a huge increase in power but the lower end feels smoother and midrange. Feels like a nice little bump in torque. I'm sure an actual tune or piggyback will make it more noticeable.

·
Super Moderator
790 Posts
Can you provide the link for the exhaust bushings? Thank you in advance.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you provide the link for the exhaust bushings? Thank you in advance.

Br,

-Mike
Here is the link to the bushings :) I purchased individually but these are them!
Also, here is a before and after pic of the exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
790 Posts
Also, any additional vibrations with those bushings? Th u in advance.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have to use different position settings for the different bushings?
I used the inner most hole on both bushings to pull it up and hold securely :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, any additional vibrations with those bushings? Th u in advance.

Br,

-Mike
Not at all! No additional vibration or anything noticed! Exhaust stays better planted too. doesn't slightly sway and rock like the soft factory bushings. (y)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You only used 2 for the muffler bushings or all 4 including the flexpipe bushings?
I purchased 2 individually instead of a 4 pack since it was only sagging on that side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts