Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
Discussion Starter #1
Dive into your N Mode Custom settings

When you get to the Transmission settings, you will see "creep mode" which is always on by default. Is this only on the DCT models?

I am assuming this is some sort of wannabe stall converter or maybe a hill-start assist? I can't tell a difference when I turn it on or off. Maybe it is just telling me I am a creep by default...馃槢

Any ideas?

Registered
2019 Hyundai Veloster N Performance Blue Base
Dive into your N Mode Custom settings

When you get to the Transmission settings, you will see "creep mode" which is always on by default. Is this only on the DCT models?

I am assuming this is some sort of wannabe stall converter or maybe a hill-start assist? I can't tell a difference when I turn it on or off. Maybe it is just telling me I am a creep by default...馃槢

Any ideas?
Definitely not in the manual cars at least not in my 2019

Registered
I have also seen that setting in my '21 DCT and wondered what it is and haven't seen anything in the manual. I haven't tried turning it off to test this, but my current guess is it might effect how much the car "Creeps" forward as you slowly lift the brake from a stop? So maybe if you turn it off that creeping is less noticeable and it requires you to hit the gas more to start moving?

Again this is purely a guess I have not tested yet, but if someone figures out what it is please do share!

Registered
That's exactly what it does. For the DCT, the car creeps forward when you let off the brake from a stop like any other automatic. The car behaves like a manual when you turn off creep mode in regards to lifting off the brake at a stop. I had actually wanted to set it to off completely but it always resets back on when I turn off the engine and turn it back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts