Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car and looking for some early help:

- How do you remove the rear H logo...do you have to take off the inside panel? I'm wanting to paint it black.
- Has anyone upgraded the lousy horn on these things?
- Is anyone running wheel spacers, and if so are there any negatives?

I'll have more questions as time passes but appreciate any help you can provide.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I unfortunately cannot answer any of your questions. That being said, I just went the plastidip route with my “H’s” and I think they turned out awesome! And the plastidip doesn’t require you to remove anything from the car. It definitely gives you more of a matte finish, but you can use a “glossifier” to give it some sheen if that’s what you’re looking for.

Was thinking about throwing some hellas on mine, because the stock horn is absolutely pathetic! Would be curious as well to see if anyone has addressed the horn yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hellas are ordered and should be here Monday...guess I'll try and error a way to mount them. I'm quite familiar w plastidip, did you just mask around it? Makes me a bit nervous with Chalk White.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice! I’m very much looking forward to hearing how the install goes for you.

Yeah, I just used some plastic sheeting and painters tape to mask off the surrounding areas, and the good ‘ol toothpick method for removing the excess plastidip.

My old VT was white, and dipped the badges on that too without any issues.

·
Registered
76 Posts
careful using a toothpick, i recommend it myself, but you also dont want to press too hard while trying to poke at it. You might cause minimal damage to the clear coat where you were poking at. I've had this happen on another car I was working on, although minor, I am a picky person and I will always know it's there. Dunno how the clear coat is on this car. The one I worked on seemed to have a very mushy-like clear coat.

·
Registered
12 Posts

- How do you remove the rear H logo...do you have to take off the inside panel? I'm wanting to paint it black.

I'll have more questions as time passes but appreciate any help you can provide.
I havent done anything with the emblem.
But I did spacers.
Im running 15mm front and 20mm rear with the stock PP wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts

Can't answer any of these but I do hate the way our horn sounds. I was thinking of grabbing an OEM horn from like the G70(high-pitch horn). Would love to hear about how your install with the Hellas go. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What is the point of wheel spacers on stock wheels? I understand on aftermarket wheels it is to maintain the offset.
Is it to gain extra wide track? Does this positively change handling?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts