Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i saw a vid on YouTube about a guy that had an issue with the cooling fan not working and the car overheating and i thought maybe it was a fluke until it happened to me in the drive thru of a restaurant. The dealership jumped right on it and replaced the entire cooling fan assembly, did a recall/tune update on it and I was good to go. Just be aware that this is gonna be a common problem with all of them from what I’ve seen. I’m a 30+ year auto technician also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3700 miles but time will tell on your end, just saying to keep an eye out because i highly doubt it’s only happened to two cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So i saw a vid on YouTube about a guy that had an issue with the cooling fan not working and the car overheating and i thought maybe it was a fluke until it happened to me in the drive thru of a restaurant. The dealership jumped right on it and replaced the entire cooling fan assembly, did a recall/tune update on it and I was good to go. Just be aware that this is gonna be a common problem with all of them from what I’ve seen. I’m a 30+ year auto technician also.

Thanks for the tip. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I also hope my dealer is as proactive and responsible as yours was.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the steering wheel turned and it was blocking my view of the temp gauge and all of a sudden I’m hearing an alarm going off and when I looked to see what it was, the temp was in the red so i got out of line and parked it and called a tow truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had the same issue happen in a drive through today with my 19 N. Let me know if you come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
One of the biggest problems with such a defect or issue is; if they don't diagnose the it they can't determine what real problem is. Simply replacing the fan assemble and or repair by replacement, doesn't reflect the actual repair needed or required. It might be anything from the actual fan motor failing, sensor of bad connector.

For sure, it's not widespread issue.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either way (y) .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I made it home. 20 minutes from work. Engine overheated just sitting in the parking lot while I was chatting with a friend. Has anyone come up with any repairs? Really don’t want to go and pull my intake off (which was installed the day I noticed the overheating issue).

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Not really, unless you're ready to so the necessary diagnostics. Best things to do is take it to the dealership service or buy the entire fan assembly replacement from Hyundai Parts Deal and do it yourself.

It's hard to tell what is malfunctioning, the relay, the fan itself or something else, without checking it electrically, along with it's connections. My bet is the fan motor has failed but that's just a calculated guess.

Easiest thing to do first is ; go back and check the electrical plug and make sure it's connected tightly. Take it apart and clean the connections and ohm the positive and negative connectors, checking for an open ground. If it is, then the fan is gone. Blower assembly is $300.87.

If it's one of the sensors gone bad which I doubt, this is something the service department needs to diagnose and repair as you're now dealing with the CANBUS system. They can quickly detect the cause by utilizing the GDS and any trouble codes thrown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts