Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to trade in my 16’ ST. Bone stock. Loved my ST but always wanted more mid range for highway pulls. Especially against cocky Honda guy in his civic 1.5 sport. How do you think the N compares?

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
IMO the N is better than the Civic 1.5 sport and the Focus ST. With a few mods you are up to Type R territory. Get the N and don't look back.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Oh, and welcome from the great state of Ohio. :) Love that place!

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
I came from a stage 2 tuned Focus ST with intercooler, tune, and intake. The N is just as fast in a straight line with a more linear powerband instead of that hard hit on the bottom that the Ecoboost is known for. The N does everything else way better in the curves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I came from a stage 2 tuned Focus ST with intercooler, tune, and intake. The N is just as fast in a straight line with a more linear powerband instead of that hard hit on the bottom that the Ecoboost is known for. The N does everything else way better in the curves.
So you’re saying a stock N will walk a stock ST?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ready to trade in my 16’ ST. Bone stock. Loved my ST but always wanted more mid range for highway pulls. Especially against cocky Honda guy in his civic 1.5 sport. How do you think the N compares?
I bought the black N PP that was in Dayton. Ohio is a decent place ;).

·
Registered
127 Posts
So you’re saying a stock N will walk a stock ST?
Didnt say it would walk one but it does have 25 more hp and weighs 200lbs less. It may be close just cause the Focus ST leaves a little better cause of the low end grunt.
My Focus ST was done at 5800rpms and the N peaks at 6000 or 6200rpms. Like I said its a trade off, bottom for ST top end for N. The N is better all around at the autocross though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are both pretty great cars. For track days my friend with an ST says the Veloster is a better tool. Apparently the ST stability management does not turn off and the car likes to cook the brakes. Veloster is a quicker track day car at Sonoma Raceway by 5+ seconds a lap.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
They are both pretty great cars. For track days my friend with an ST says the Veloster is a better tool. Apparently the ST stability management does not turn off and the car likes to cook the brakes. Veloster is a quicker track day car at Sonoma Raceway by 5+ seconds a lap.
My ST almost jerked the steering wheel out of my hand cause of stability management. Exited 10b at Road ATL and got LF tire on rumble strip and it slipped and RF was digging and the computer didnt like it. It was trying to correct with torque vectoring and was fighting me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts