Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
SXTH HPFP installed, free by my master tech. Tipped him well.

He ran tests on both my new and original post-cat o2 sensor, they both were fine. He can't see my code pending on their system, but I am still seeing P2096 pending on my scanner. Might just be my crappy $20 walmart scanner being a piece of junk.

Car seems to run a lot better now.

Going to drive about 100 miles today to see if it goes away and use a few better scanners my friends have.

If I can't go away, I have no idea why this would be happening or what to do next. Checked for exhaust leaks too and nothing.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Code is gone. Issue is most certainly my defouler installation.

The depo dp is okayish. I may stick with it and try a different mini cat. Going to stay with the stock dp for a while and look at other catless DPs that use the stock heat shield implementation. If I don't have any luck finding a suitable replacement I'll just get mine jet hot coated, because that thing generates a lot of heat even with the heat wrap I used that made it look like a unicorn crapped glitter under my entire hood.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Going to reinstall depo dp on Friday. Got a new mini cat that should hopefully do better at preventing any codes from showing up:

Font Screenshot Material property Parallel Communication Device

Problem is, the issue wasn't necessarily the minicat I already had. I made it 2.5k miles with it and no codes appeared at all. When the p2196 came back up as pending. The issue was most likely my installation due to me noticing it got loose which caused me to make seberal adjustments. I didn't want to potentially actually run lean to drive the car I'm a new configuration in the hopes that it worked.

Either way, I have the 45 and 90 degree angle prosport mini cats. I'll be spending Friday and Saturday getting these installed correctly so no codes get thrown and they never pop back up...hopefully.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts