Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot figure out what In the heck this code is for my car being to lean and it’s driving me crazy, here are my mods-lap 3 tuner, sxth 4in turbo inlet,sxth carbon intake,sxth front mount Inter cooler,sxth downpipe, addw1 hks bov adapter,hks ssqv4 bov, ark mid pipe. I can’t visibly see any vacuum lines off and I don’t feel any of them leaking, I was getting this random code I believe it was p016b but it would come on and off now this lean code is just staying on.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I cannot figure out what In the heck this code is for my car being to lean and it’s driving me crazy, here are my mods-lap 3 tuner, sxth 4in turbo inlet,sxth carbon intake,sxth front mount Inter cooler,sxth downpipe, addw1 hks bov adapter,hks ssqv4 bov, ark mid pipe. I can’t visibly see any vacuum lines off and I don’t feel any of them leaking, I was getting this random code I believe it was p016b but it would come on and off now this lean code is just staying on.
These modifications won't cause the engine to run lean. VCT solenoid is sticking or stuck.
The rule of P016B Hyundai code when it comes to emissions-related vehicle repair is that any modification that changes the vehicle from a certified configuration to a non-certified configuration is considered tampering: this applies to both vehicle owners and repair facilities and is, therefore, a Federal offense. Replacing a catalyst with a straight pipe is one traditional example. Likewise, overriding the OBD 2 system through the use of high-tech defeat devices or non-certified computer chips, for example, would also be considered tampering. The OBD system may, however, be repaired back to its original certified configuration with certified performance chips or appropriate aftermarket parts.
I'd give some serious thought to investing in another tuner beyond the Lap3 module. A much improved unit is the Rev6 unit or spring for a cloned Stage 2, SXTH ECU, you're able to swap out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These modifications won't cause the engine to run lean. VCT solenoid is sticking or stuck.
I'd give some serious thought to investing in another tuner beyond the Lap3 module. A much improved unit is the Rev6 unit or spring for a cloned Stage 2, SXTH ECU, you're able to swap out.
well another thing I may sadly admit,when installing my down pipe one of the nuts for the down pipe rattled off and when taking off the old Downpipe the stud came out of the exhaust manifold and stripped the stud, so would maybe an exhaust leak at the downpipe cause this?

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Very possibly, it needs to be fixed and can be done easily with a the proper tap to clean up and straighten the threads. You don't have to remove the downpipe unless it is out of reach either. Simply go to SXTH Element and order an additional stud and nut.

Happy New Year!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts