Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey question for y'all --

I haven't been able to get a chance to get out and actually try to test drive an N yet, but watching a Youtube video recently (I wish I could remember which one) someone had commented that they had big feet and found that there was a wiring harness of some sort under the dash, between the deadfoot and the clutch pedal, and they kept "hooking" their toes on it when transitioning from one to the other.

Anyone experience this problem, or notice it as an annoyance?

...Paul

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't have huge feet but yes it is in the way. Moving the seat further away helps a little bit by changing the angle but doesn't completely eliminate the issue. For the most part I've adjusted but definitely an oversight.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can't edit my previous post. The lowest part is a bundle of wires that can be pushed to the side and up out of the way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrm. I've got huge feet, will definitely need to see how that goes... :p

Thanks for the info!

...Paul

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Size 12 feet here, and this metal notch is something I'm adjusting around by pulling my foot back from the dead pedal and then moving it over to the clutch pedal, but was wondering if anyone has considered filing down whatever that piece is there. I moved the harness out of the way already which made a big difference, but I'm looking to properly get this fixed for my shifting technique and foot size if I can.

Is this something a metal file can solve? Would you DIY or ask someone at a body shop to do it for you?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Never mind, there's no metal notch, it's literally some kind of plastic casing equipment that's part of the car. I'll just have to wear shorter shoes and adjust my foot motion then!

Excuse the crappy pictures, I took them in a hurry. The beige plastic case is what my toes get caught on, and the big black wiring bundle you can see I've pushed to the right of the casing (it goes straight under it originally, which tightens the space even more, as mentioned by nomad17 above).

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
It's because it totally depends on how you move your foot. If you angle your toes back and move laterally over to the clutch pedal without moving the base of your foot back, you're likely to hit it. If you pull your foot back a little bit first and then move over to the clutch, it's not a problem. Like I said, i can totally adjust my motion for it not to be a problem, I just was looking for a potential solution that didn't require me retraining my muscle memory after 12 years of driving manuals. I've never had a car with something that close to the dead and clutch pedals to be in the way for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have this issue as well I am almost 6”4 and wear size 13 shoes. I didn’t know you can move that harness out of the way and I will be doing that immediately. I just kinda lived with it. Thanks for the advice!!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Yeah, hope moving the harness helps. Between that, wearing shorter shoes, and adjusting my motion, I didn't hit that casing at all over an hour-long drive yesterday, so I'm happy with where I'm at.

The question still nags me though, can that casing be moved or angled higher?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Now that I zip tied it to another harness that was a little higher up. It’s completely out of the way and soooo much better. This should be everyone’s first mod.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Happy to hear that! Leave a picture of the ziptied harness here for reference if you find the chance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wear size 13 and have had no issues... guess it's more of an personal ergonomic issue than anything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts