Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the 19" wheels are very sensitive to scratches. I've tried Meguiars wheel cleaner with a microfiber cloth and I don't like the results. My friend recommends Adam's Polishes. How do you guys clean your wheels?

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
I ceramic coated mine. But I dry wash my car at least twice a week in season. Don't drive it in the winter.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
I want to try and ceramic coat my N myself.
Just need to figure out which one to go with.
I used this one by MR FIX 9H
Amazon.com: Malcm High Gloss Ceramic Car Coating Kit, Anti-scratch Car Polish Exterior Care Paint Sealant 9H Hardness 30ML (1Pcs): Automotive
i used this cheap one and it worked nicely and is still working 8 months later. I recommend using a cheap one if it is your first time because the expensive ones are a little stronger and will make your paint have a foggy look to it if you do it wrong. this one by MrFix was easy. polish it on, wait 5 minutes then buff it off with microfiber rags. I liked the outcome so much that i'll be doing this once a year.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I've noticed that the 19" wheels are very sensitive to scratches. I've tried Meguiars wheel cleaner with a microfiber cloth and I don't like the results. My friend recommends Adam's Polishes. How do you guys clean your wheels? View attachment 2888
Going to warn you; don't utilize any wheel cleaner. Use soap and water only. As the rest have stated, ceramic coat them. You can utilize some Dow bathroom cleaner if necessary but don't leave it on the wheels. Spray and wipe it off along with the brake dust and debris. Try not to "dry clean," the wheels. It will scratch the painted surface.

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Going to warn you; don't utilize any wheel cleaner. Use soap and water only. As the rest have stated, ceramic coat them. You can utilize some Cow bathroom cleaner if necessary but don't leave it on the wheels. Spray and wipe it off along with the brake dust and debris. Try not to "dry clean," the wheels. It will scratch the painted surface.
I'm not familiar with "Cow bathroom Cleaner."
Does it have a farm fresh smell? LOL LOL

·
Registered
131 Posts
I literally just asked this question to a friend of mine in the UK. It’s early morning there right now so he won’t see my post for a while yet. I’m a detail freak when it comes to cleaning the car and so far, I haven’t progressed past old fashioned clay bar, then polishing. This ceramic coating sounds like a good idea to me. I just needed to know which product comes highly recommended, looks like I just got my answer. Thanks guys.
Mike

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
Armor Shield is what I use as a ceramic coating but my car is in the garage year round and stored in winter time.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Desire 68

·
Registered
131 Posts
Clay barring is always a good way to go.
Armor Shield is what I use as a ceramic coating but my car is in the garage year round and stored in winter time.

Best regards,

-Mike
I saw this recently advertised on Instagram, it had mixed reviews but from the sounds of it, the people that rated it poorly, needed to learn how to read a label and follow the instructions lol. My research continues 😉
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts