Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to wash some winter off the car and realize light colors are hard to keep clean (I thought it was supposed to be the other way around). Noticed a lot of specks of sap/tar/whatever which doesn’t wash off in a normal hand wash. Besides manually taking bug & tar remover to each spot (which will take forever) anyone have a technique or recommend a product that makes removing this kind of stuff easier? I note that these spots will come off with some light fingernail rubbing, but just a bit too stuck on for the regular soap sudsing. Thanks.

BTW, anyone ever take a car with rally armor mud flaps through the automatic car washes? Worried it might rip’em off given how they stick out.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
125 Posts
I would highly advice to avoid those automatic car wash places. Although they are very convenient and sometimes cheap, I’ve personally seen many cars get scratched because of them, also in regards to the mudflaps, they most likely will get damaged because they stick out, I remember I went once with a friend on his car and the wash thing pull his side mirror back so if it has that much force I’m pretty sure it’ll damage the mudflaps probably won’t rip them off but bend them and possibly cause damage to your fenders? I personally wouldn’t risk it, if you don’t have access to water where you stay at try finding those self car wash bays and just take your own car wash mit and drying supplies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts