Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Red/Black
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen in a few Member Builds posts that some have added several of the Cerma treatments. From reading their info on their website, it appears they've engineered a nano friction reduction compound that binds to the metal in the cylinders, on gears, bearings, etc., with the intention of reducing friction and wear. I'm considering these as part of my overall build and was wondering how many of you have actually used these, and if you've discerned any noticeable difference after adding them. I have the DCT transmission, and am slightly hesitant about adding that treatment due to Hyundai's use of a very specific fluid and warranty concerns. Which ones have you used, and which ones would you recommend, and why? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
2020 PP Race Red//Fully Bolted
124 Posts
I used the engine oil additive on my 2016 Veloster turbo due to the recommendation from someone I trusted. I'm not saying it didn't work but, I did not notice any difference.. at all. I've yet to see any definitive proof that it does work that's not from cerma themselves. I'm definitely a little skeptical. Use a high quality oil with regular oci and the inside of your motor will stay squeaky clean. Just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
1,833 Posts
I used it because the military uses it. If it's good for them then it's good for me. It's a one time deal anyway. Since you have a DTC, I'd just use it in the engine.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Been using their treatments for a while. Fuel, valve and turbo treatment. Is there a noticeable difference, possible but I don't look for such improvements, just the protection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts