Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Centering Rings for aftermarket wheels

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  RedVN 
#1 ·
I have TS 10 Enki wheels; I ran some plastic centering rings for a 2 day track school. The fronts slightly melted on the hubs. I was able to work them off with a screw driver (and they are still usable). Is anyone running metal centering rings (aluminum?). How do they work? And who did you buy from? Thanks.

#3 ·
#8 ·
As long as they don't melt like in your case, there's no downside to them. They're cheap insurance in the sense that they take some of the shearing force off of the lugs and puts it on the rotor hub, which is about 1000x stronger. If you drive your car aggressively, you should use them.

#9 ·
Hub rings aren't load bearing - their sole purpose is to help center the wheel when tightening lug nuts. As you can imagine, trying to tighten nuts on a wheel hanging off the studs is a bit difficult.

You may not need them (especially if the wheels take cone seat lugs since these inherently center) but it makes mounting wheels easier. There's not really a downside to using them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.