Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Red/Black
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my car threw a CEL - code P0070 - Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit. This happened the morning after a very heavy rainstorm and my car was outside all night. My wife got in and started the car, and that's when it threw this code. I came down and got in the car, and her eyes were as big as saucers! She said "I just started the car and this came up!" and pointed to the error on the Infotainment screen. I see that this primarily effects the climate control system, but could indicate an issue with the Power Control Module. I already have an appointment to take the car to the dealer in a couple of weeks to get a couple of mods done, and have asked them to run the diagnostics on it. The mileage is 3425. No other problems. Anyone else ever see this issue before?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
  • Faulty ambient air temperature sensor
  • Ambient air temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Ambient air temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
The ECU won’t be the culprit. More than likely the sensor is bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Faulty ambient air temperature sensor
  • Ambient air temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Ambient air temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
The ECU won’t be the culprit. More than likely the sensor is bad.
Do you know where these are located in the engine compartment? I can at least eyeball them prior to the appointment. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, the mystery has been solved... The dealer service department investigated and found that I did not secure the wiring harness that was attached to the factory turbo inlet well enough after I switched out the turbo inlet adapter to the Yames Design one. Wear and tear pulled it loose from where I had secured it and sliced a couple of the wires. Once moisture from that heavy thunderstorm I mentioned above got in there, it shorted that circuit. Obviously, because of my screw up that was not covered under warranty, however, the dealer was happy to fix it for me for a paltry $500. Ouch! :cry: Lesson learned - always make sure you secure any wiring harnesses that have to be moved or adjusted, and make sure they're secured very well! Surprisingly, my wife took the news better than I thought she would and I was only cut off for a day or so... On the bright side, I've also been able to dispel the thoughts that my car was actually possessed like in the 80's Stephen King movie 'Christine', and had it in for my wife.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Makes sense!
Well, the mystery has been solved... The dealer service department investigated and found that I did not secure the wiring harness that was attached to the factory turbo inlet well enough after I switched out the turbo inlet adapter to the Yames Design one. Wear and tear pulled it loose from where I had secured it and sliced a couple of the wires. Once moisture from that heavy thunderstorm I mentioned above got in there, it shorted that circuit. Obviously, because of my screw up that was not covered under warranty, however, the dealer was happy to fix it for me for a paltry $500. Ouch! :cry: Lesson learned - always make sure you secure any wiring harnesses that have to be moved or adjusted, and make sure they're secured very well! Surprisingly, my wife took the news better than I thought she would and I was only cut off for a day or so... On the bright side, I've also been able to dispel the thoughts that my car was actually possessed like in the 80's Stephen King movie 'Christine', and had it in for my wife.
This is exactly why AFE TAKEDA made the only turbo adapter with the proper mounting hole for the bracket and wiring harness.😃

I understand the lesson well. It always pays to always triple check your work for errors or possible problems. A lesson well learned as an aircraft mechanic. Saves money and lives as well.😃👍🇺🇸

1 - 10 of 10 Posts