Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got my all new dct VN and i was thinking of a few mods already if you wanna call it that i wanna do a catch can right away any suggestion on what to get and where to get it in canada online or not i live in winnipeg so there not much car after market store to buy from and most of them are telling me that they will custom make one if i get a catch but i dont wanna pay 500 for that thank oh and what is your take on a catch can on a dct VN tell me your thoughts and yes its not a manual i know and it sucks i just dont drive manual ok XD but i love my new VN

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
552 Posts
That "Best Catch Can" is a pile of money Ghost. I am still questioning my turbo-side oil separator. For our Canadian friend, check out uniqperformance.ca as they are in Canada so you will be supporting a local company and won't have to deal with cross-border shipping, etc. I have ordered from Uniq and they are top notch.

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
I agree it's a lot of money, but if it were no object I'd run that one just because it covers every base. I run a single Mishimoto can on the PCV side only. It works for me and I empty it every oil change. It collects maybe an 1 to 1.5 oz's. If that...

BTW-I have Uniq's Veloster N sub-frame collar set. Love it and they are a great company! Paid like 68 bucks for them way back when.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That "Best Catch Can" is a pile of money Ghost. I am still questioning my turbo-side oil separator. For our Canadian friend, check out uniqperformance.ca as they are in Canada so you will be supporting a local company and won't have to deal with cross-border shipping, etc. I have ordered from Uniq and they are top notch.
Not really, if you add up the cost for a good PCV and CCV Catch Can Kit. The two good quality CC's alone, can run the cost of then Forge Motorsport. When your Overflow tank cracks at the top of the attachment points is going to cost you $61.00. It's just a matter of time before it does, as it's already happened with later model i30N Coolant Tank. For an example, the Boomba Racing CCV and PCV CC's are $247.00 a piece for a total of $494.00 plus tax + $61.00 OEM expansion tank= $555.00. The Forge Motorsport Hyundai Veloster N Dual Catch Can and Expansion Tank is; $539.00.

Taking this in consideration the Forge Motorsport unit is a better bargain and will last the lifetime of the VN. It's all how you look at the costs and construction. You can do it cheaper with cheaper CC's but not near the quality.

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fellow Winnipeger here, still waiting for mine to arrive. We're pretty much limited here in Canada unless you want to pay absurd shipping fees. One of the canadian distributors I've found is UniqPerformance. Here's a couple of catch cans they have. I've also asked my dealer contact how much it'll affect warranty, hasn't heard back yet.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
552 Posts
My Saikou-Michi OCC was $155 with the drain kit. There was some sort of January special so they knocked $20 off as I recall. These are hand-built to order. The Jegs oil separator was around $60, I believe. The small oil separator is more than enough on the turbo-side as very little oil is captured. Actually, to date mine is clean so I question if I even need it on this car.

An OCC is really a longevity mod and should absolutely not affect your warranty. Canada likely has different laws regarding this so don't take this comment for much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fellow Winnipeger here, still waiting for mine to arrive. We're pretty much limited here in Canada unless you want to pay absurd shipping fees. One of the canadian distributors I've found is UniqPerformance. Here's a couple of catch cans they have. I've also asked my dealer contact how much it'll affect warranty, hasn't heard back yet.
where from winnipeg XD yah we are so limited i was thing of getting a few things ar uniq perf but im waiting for all this muds to settle down before i start working on the car yep a catch can void warranty but i think u can just remove it and put the old line back on like nothing happen i might skip the catch for now might buy cold air intake and bov first then catch can maybe a nxt year or down the line i guess bolt on is easy to take off so we cant void any warranty XD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts