Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about getting a catch can for my new Veloster. I have noticed that the sxth element has a check valve. Is it something that is a necessary feature or is it just something to fail and cause problems?

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
The check valve should not be necessary. Look at the Saiko-Michi catch cans. They are some of the best. I have a Jegs can in my car and I intend to replace it with a Saiko-Michi while my N is in winter storage.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which one do you recommend fromSaiko-Michi catch cans? The one that is listed as the Genesis 2.0? This looks much different than the boomba or sxth . Is there any write up on this?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Currently have the stage 2 boomba catch can and could not be more satisfied with its performance. Easy to install and will help prolong the life of your engine.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
Which one do you recommend fromSaiko-Michi catch cans? The one that is listed as the Genesis 2.0? This looks much different than the boomba or sxth . Is there any write up on this?
I already have a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer, so I will buy the generic stage 1 with two 3/8" nipples. Probably in black or silver. When I bought the one for my Genesis I ordered the "Genesis Coupe" one and it came with 1/2" and 3/8" nipples. Up to you. You have to wait for them to be built, but they are well made and have good internals. My Jegs can has the mesh but no baffles. It works, but I think it is suboptimal. I have a drain line attached to the one in my Genesis so with each oil change I empty it with the nose of the car is up in the air. It just makes it easy.

Go to the Saiko-Michi web site. Snoopy on the GenCoupe site recommended these and they became more or less the standard for the GenCoupe people. I think for the price they are pretty good. I am sure the Sxth is fine too.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Yes this is mounted on my VN and is the prototype we used to develop the kit. We needed to verify the fitting and produce a simple but strong rear mounting bracket for the tanks. As you can see below, it incorporates a mounting position that's already available. The bracket is made of very thin but super strong stainless steel. Keeps the tank held rigidly in place without movement.

Remove the plastic fastener that hold down the shroud and replace it with the included hardware. The hole runs thru to the wheel well and is easily accessible without removing the wheel and tire. The allen bolt won't protrude into the actual tire well either. The bracket and position is ideally suited for the mounting position. It's a very easy kit to install and takes about 1.5 hours or less. Owner can't mess up the hose positions as they are specific. The hoses utilize custom adapters that are not only easy to mount but create an excellent seal.

Click on the photos to enlarge;

The Kit's tank has dipstick and drains on bothe PCV and CCV sides, so you won't have to remove the tank for draining CC fluids. The expansion tank cell, retains the same amount of coolant as the OEM unit. Easy to fill and check for the appropriate coolant level.

It will be available after the first of the year at a price of around $450 complete, inclusive of the all the hardware and hoses required for installation. Specifically designed CC kits for the VN for both PCV or CCV alone, are $200 - $275.00 when all said and done. The cost of a new OEM expansion tank is $70. So taking in consideration these costs, it's comparable to the purchase of both PCV/CCV and Expansion Tank, the cost is nominal and less overall. The plastic expansion tanks do deteriorate and crack with time, weathering and engine heat, as verified on several i30N's. So this tank will eliminate the need for replacement.

If you'd like to see more photos of the overall mounting and install just ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes this is mounted on my VN and is the prototype we used to develop the kit. We needed to verify the fitting and produce a simple but strong rear mounting bracket for the tanks. As you can see below, it incorporates a mounting position that's already available. The bracket is made of very thin but super strong stainless steel. Keeps the tank held rigidly in place without movement.

Remove the plastic fastener that hold down the shroud and replace it with the included hardware. The hole runs thru to the wheel well and is easily accessible without removing the wheel and tire. The allen bolt won't protrude into the actual tire well either. The bracket and position is ideally suited for the mounting position. It's a very easy kit to install and takes about 1.5 hours or less. Owner can't mess up the hose positions as they are specific. The hoses utilize custom adapters that are not only easy to mount but create an excellent seal.

Click on the photos to enlarge;
View attachment 4004 View attachment 4005 View attachment 4006 View attachment 4007 View attachment 4008 View attachment 4009

The Kit's tank has dipstick and drains on bothe PCV and CCV sides, so you won't have to remove the tank for draining CC fluids. The expansion tank cell, retains the same amount of coolant as the OEM unit. Easy to fill and check for the appropriate coolant level.

It will be available after the first of the year at a price of around $450 complete, inclusive of the all the hardware and hoses required for installation. Specifically designed CC kits for the VN for both PCV or CCV alone, are $200 - $275.00 when all said and done. The cost of a new OEM expansion tank is $70. So taking in consideration these costs, it's comparable to the purchase of both PCV/CCV and Expansion Tank, the cost is nominal and less overall. The plastic expansion tanks do deteriorate and crack with time, weathering and engine heat, as verified on several i30N's. So this tank will eliminate the need for replacement.

If you'd like to see more photos of the overall mounting and install just ask.
So I'm seeing a price of $539 USD. Was the $450 in UK pounds or what? Any idea if there will be any sales coming up on these?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It will be available after the first of the year at a price of around $450 complete of around $450 complete
No, it was an estimate without tax or shipping. The post was made 3 months ago and before it was available to the public. So, it was as good of a guesstimate I could have made at the time. As far as a sale is concerned, I can't say. Sales and promos are up to
. You can inquire directly with them as to if they'll be conducting any sales. I know they periodically offer promo codes upto 15% discounts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, it was an estimate without tax or shipping. The post was made 3 months ago and before it was available to the public. So, it was as good of a guesstimate I could have made at the time. As far as a sale is concerned, I can't say. Sales and promos are up to
. You can inquire directly with them as to if they'll be conducting any sales. I know they periodically offer promo codes upto 15% discounts.
I understand. I wasn’t meaning that you were being misleading. Just wondered if, since they are in the UK, if that was is UK moneys. Any idea if this will fit with a TTR upper mount installed? Just wondering because of the location.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Understand I didn't think anything derogatory or negative. Just wanted to be thorough in my explanation. Yes you'll actually have even more clearance. I helped develop both the TTR upper mount and Forge Motorsport Reservoir/CC Kit and everything fits exceptionally well together. Give me a little and I'll post photos, so you can see directly.

I'm working on installing a roof IB Membrane and need to finish a couple of things.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
As promised and excuse the delay. I'm very sorer from yesterday and the previous install an IB membrane on my roof. Just not as young and vigorous as I used to be;

You can see it fits very neatly and there's nearly inch clearance from the bottom of the
Reservoir tank and the bolt top for the
Upper Motor Mount. Both of the threads will give you a good overview of the reservoir and upper mount. You'll also see the TTR Lower mount as well, which may interest you. Talk to Aaron at TTR and he'll fix you up with either or, or both. All three are a great combination and extremely well engineered, tested and proven for reliable performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As promised and excuse the delay. I'm very sorer from yesterday and the previous install an IB membrane on my roof. Just not as young and vigorous as I used to be;
View attachment 4779 View attachment 4780 View attachment 4781
You can see it fits very neatly and there's nearly inch clearance from the bottom of the
Reservoir tank and the bolt top for the
Upper Motor Mount. Both of the threads will give you a good overview of the reservoir and upper mount. You'll also see the TTR Lower mount as well, which may interest you. Talk to Aaron at TTR and he'll fix you up with either or, or both. All three are a great combination and extremely well engineered, tested and proven for reliable performance.
Thanks for the info and pictures. I ordered the boomba lower mount before I knew about TTR. I immediately ordered the upper from TTR after installing the boomba lower after feeling the new vibrations. Hoping that takes care of some of that. I think the reservoir will be my next purchase. I don't want to get to deep into mods without protecting my engine first.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone care to give a after XXX miles review on this bad lad. I was looking at getting stage 1 and 2, but as Red points out, the cost isn't that much different to get a two in one (3 if you factor the coolant).

Anyone ran this through a dealer and gotten warranty grief?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
If you don't wish to go with the Forge Motorsport, go with the Boomba Racing CCV and PCV cans. Nothing really to say other than it's works as it's engineered and designed. It's solid, robust and easy to service.

No grief from mine but you need to talk with your individual Dealership Service Department Manager, taking along the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty Letter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts