Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
A few dealers quoted me up to $5000 over but with a little patience I got it under msrp. I really don't see how some dealers think they can get close to 35k for this car when type r's can be had for less.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It was the performance package, the number of N's available at dealerships in the US seems to have doubled in the last 2 weeks. Soon the supply will catch up and the prices should come back to msrp.

·
Banned
127 Posts
A few dealers quoted me up to $5000 over but with a little patience I got it under msrp. I really don't see how some dealers think they can get close to 35k for this car when type r's can be had for less.
I call Bull Pucky!!

Then you won't have any problem proving it either. $32K I might believe but under MSRP w/TTL out the door. No way, you're attempting to pull someones leg.

Simply post the dealer where you bought it, so we can check along with the final cost sheet & VIN, with your personal information blanked of course. If you can't produce the final cost sheet, VIN and the photos, it never happened. If you actually own one, then you won't have any trouble posting photos in your garage or where you live, will you!

You can claim all you like, proof is king!:wink: some of us here were probably born at night but not last night!:surprise::grin:

You won't find a Honda Civic Type R for under MSRP either.:smile: Maybe, if it was used and wrecked.:grin:

Does anyone know if any cars sold? If so, did they sell with a mark-up?
There are no quoted overall monthly sales figures published yet.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got mine right out of the showroom for $33,999 (CAD) BEFORE taxes and the added rust/paint/interior protection($800) I opted for and snow tires/rims($2100 - Fast Wheels Switch 18x8.0 in satin black).

That's $1000 CAD below MSRP ($500 rebate and $500 Armed Forces price adjustment from Hyundai Canada).

With all that stuff it came to $36,899 and after taxes and fees :crying: was $44,791.13 ($33,824 USD) and was financed at 1.99%

Even with the wheels and added protection/warranty, after CAD/USD conversion rates it came to $27,857 USD which is well under the $29,XXX USD MSRP.

Without the extras it was $25,668 USD (pre taxes and fees of course).

Some of the markup I have seen advertised in the US on various forums and advertisements are insane! There was even one being advertised for $40k! Wait them out and come the 2020 model year they will be available at MSRP and may be bargained down I am sure. They are just trying to take advantage of the initial limited production capacity and hype imo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hehe, I'm not going to call out the dealer or post proof. I paid under msrp (before taxes). It wasn't a huge amount under msrp so not a fantastic deal but my point is there's no reason to pay the markups.

·
Banned
127 Posts
That's what I figured. If you bought one at below MSRP then you'd be doing everyone here a favor and wouldn't care about publishing the dealers where you purchased it. Simply post it, instead of claiming it. You haven't even posted a photo of your either, is that a secret also?

Who was the dealer you purchased it from? Oh that's right, you said "you weren't going to call out the dealer or post proof. "

So I'm calling; Bull Pucky regarding what you have claimed. Otherwise, it never happened!

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
127 Posts
Maybe in your imagination but not for real.:wink: Burden of proof in on you alone. Your point is one thing, which some of us will agree but your example of purchasing below MSRP in the US is, nada! Plain and simple.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just purchased a Chalk White PP for $100 under MSRP - haha. Included all weather mats and wheel locks for $29,775. In Portland OR.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Photos and proof or it didn't happen!:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
127 Posts
:grin: You didn't have to, I believed you!! Why, because you wanted too and had the proof.:wink: Thanks for posting it thought, you might indirectly save someone some money or convince another to purchase one from the same dealer.:wink::smile:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got my N with PP today (2/23) for $500 under list plus I got $500 for being a Vet. They started at list but said they really wanted to keep the status. I told them they should have learned with the Equus and they came down the $500, but they wouldn't go more. I should have waited a couple months because I don't think many will buy it without the almost standard features of comparable cars - no Nav, no heated seats, none of the better safety features or HUD, etc. They also said the CVT version should be out by the fall as it is in testing now.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Post the photos and proof of what you're saying and there is no CVT version. Hyundai doesn't utilize CVT's. The rest is just speculation and rumor.

Blessing and Peace

·
Banned
127 Posts
I'm a 20 year Vet and the $500.00 is always a Hyundai bonus.

Blessing and Peace

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are people still having trouble finding these in California? FWIW there are 6 in close proximity to me here in PDX and they've been here on the Hyundai site for at least a week.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts