Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here considered selling the N to either of these places? I love my base N, but just to see what they would offer I took it into carmax for an appraisal and was offered $22,400 for a car with 56K miles on it. And it really has be considering if I am keeping the car.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Red/Black
35 Posts
Any offer you get from Carmax, Carvana, or any other dealer is going to be for the wholesale value of the car, and not what you could get from a sale to a private party. Keep that in mind when dealing with them. My wife and I have sold several cars to Carmax, not to mention other dealers. That was the case every time without exception. That's also why KBB, and other car valuing websites show different values - wholesale, private party sale, and then new car sale.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Vroom offered me 27650 for a 2019 N PP with 11k miles. I used that quote as leverage for a trade in. Be aware that many states only require you to pay sales taxes on the difference between what you trade and what you buy. So in a way you can pick up a few more bucks towards another car. For example new purchase car is $28000, trade is $27500, difference is $500 - pay sales tax on $500, not on the full $28000. Where if you sell the car and take that money to buy a new car you will have to pay the full sales tax. At least that is how it worked for me...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for your input. I love my N and not fully sold on selling it yet. I went and tested a WRX premium yesterday and I have been weighing my options on if I want to let the N go or not. the AWD was nice since in my part of Virginia they don't really plow the roads good in the winter when we get snow, and the larger back seat since I have a baby now, but other than that I felt the car was a little lacking

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go for the soon to be released Kona N or Elantra N. Both will net you better performance than the WRX and give you the room you require.
That is the decision I came to yesterday. I took another test drive in the WRX and it just didn't sit right with me. I am a tall driver and the WRX drive seat and the placement of the emergency brake felt a bit cramped. I will be holding onto my N until the Elantra N comes out. I went to sit in a regular Elantra just to see what it felt like, and the room in there felt great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts