Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Style interior door fabric

7K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  NightDrive43 
#1 · (Edited)
Got this from Shark racing. Looks good and durable. I wish they made some for above the door handles. For some reason I have some nicks and scratches right above the door handle where I reached to close the door. What the heck. My fingernails are nubs. How did I manage that?😆

See less See more
Reactions: IKR
#3 ·
I bite my nails too, since like 5 years old. lol.... My mother till this day still asks when I 'm going to stop biting them? Um, at this point probably never.... Ha, ha....

Best regards,

-Mike

#5 ·
Me too...such a bad habit that I'm not going to break at this point in my life I don't think. :unsure:

#13 ·
Hey Mike. Sorry I didn't respond to your post sooner. I'm still figuring out the forum. What is the best way to see responses to posts that you start? Anyway, no, it wasn't very hard at all. I used Rapid Tac II application fluid which makes it easier to position the material. Even coating the material and panel with the application fluid, the material still wants to stick, but no so much so that you can't easily pull it up and reposition. I use one of those squeegee things with the felt on one side in order to squeeze the moisture out. The edges where the panel starts to bend was probably the trickiest part and it tended not to adhere because of the fluid. You just have to keep working it until the fluid is removed or dried and keep going over the edges a bit.

Reactions: Ghost
#18 ·
It’s a mat/satin color.

#15 ·
Thanks Mike. My first time doing this tuner type of stuff, but it's fun. I don't think Ill get anywhere near where you and Red and others are and actually not sure if I want to.

#20 ·
I ordered the fabric-looking ones instead of the CF. I got them within a week from Shark Racing. They weren't hard to install, partially peal the backing off, line it up, press the corner in and lay it down as you pull the rest of the backing off. Just clean the area first. Not sure about removal and if there would be something left on the surface. If there was I'd use goo gone or something and get it off. No big deal.

#23 ·
You might be better off with those anyway because they may be more durable.

Reactions: NightDrive43
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.