Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's normal for the car to jerk back and forth in 1st gear while driving 4-10 mph in traffic. I'm used to it but it does get annoying sometimes. I already got the rear motor mount but I haven't installed it yet. I'm planning to get the upper soon. Do you guys think these mounts will eliminate the jerk?

·
Registered
2022 Veloster N
30 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread. So I've got 5k miles of experience in a manual car and driving in N mode from 1sr to 2nd the car jolts a bit. It doesn't always do this but am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was wondering if it's normal for the car to jerk back and forth in 1st gear while driving 4-10 mph in traffic. I'm used to it but it does get annoying sometimes. I already got the rear motor mount but I haven't installed it yet. I'm planning to get the upper soon. Do you guys think these mounts will eliminate the jerk?
Unless your OEM motor mounts are broken or loose, the aftermarket mounts will only exacerbate the issue. Poly bushings will soak up less load than rubber due to their stiffness.

Also, throttle response is amplified in N mode, a light foot is key to keeping the driving smooth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts