Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just received my boomba short shifter and followed instructions exactly the way it was supposed to be done. Now I can only shift into 3rd and this is very frustrating because I just spent two hours installing. Anyone have this issue? A solution?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you reverse the cables? Did you use this video?

Photos would help immensely.
Is there anything binding on the linkage in the engine compartment, or is anything loose? Try that first to see if it’s something simple.
I have used the boomba video and have gotten it to work now. The only problem is that 2nd gear won’t grab. First and reverse are fine but when I tried shifting to second my gears started to grind because it isn’t in all the way. 2nd feels too close to neutral.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used the boomba video and have gotten it to work now. The only problem is that 2nd gear won’t grab. First and reverse are fine but when I tried shifting to second my gears started to grind because it isn’t in all the way. 2nd feels too close to neutral.
Will do pictures tomorrow as I am exhausted from trying to get this to work all day. Took the mid console out twice today😕

1 - 6 of 6 Posts