Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some minor front end damage. Mostly plastic bumper parts broke. But there's a couple items a little deeper in I need to replace. The bottom 3rd of the radiator carrier(64101-K9000) broke off, the part that carries the intercooler. To make matters worse I need to replace the bumper Beam(64900-K9100). What's I'm discovering is the bumper beam seems to carry the load, of the radiator. Before I go in deeper, I wanted to know if anyone else her has gone in this far? Mainly hoping to figure out a way to not have to drain the system...

Here's some before and after images...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have you pulled the front bumper off and inspected? With that kind of cosmetic damage I wouldn't expect the damage to make it past the crash bar, which doesn't carry the weight of anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah I'm in. The crash bar(what I'm calling the bumper beam) crushed on the corner and has a slight twist in it now. I'm pretty sure the crash bar is supporting the radiator carrier(64101-K9000). I've never seen anything like this. But there's no frame between the main chassis rails/tubes(not sure what they are called... but they're what the bumper beam bolts to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here's a parts blow up of what I'm currently looking at. I need to replace parts 64900A(bumper beam) and 64101(Radiator Carrier). There's nothing to hold the radiator after I remove the carrier... and the bumper beam is holding the radiator carrier... I'm just trying to figure out if I have to completely remove the radiator. It's looking like I'll have to, but I was hoping someone here might of a work around.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is the radiator carrier actually completely destroyed to the point of replacement? Or is the radiator carrier just going to fall out if you remove all the bolts holding the crash bar on? From the pictures it looks like the carrier is a little beaten up but not in the need of replacement for a track car. looks like the radiator's performance isn't compromised.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry, i didn't notice the bottom of the carrier. It's probably just acting more as an air guide than critical structure. Could save a few pennies living with it as it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, i didn't notice the bottom of the carrier. It's probably just acting more as an air guide than critical structure. Could save a few pennies living with it as it is.
The lower half that broke off does partially support the intercooler and radiator. It also supports the gravel guard.

The air guide is a separate part... 29136-K9000

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
37 Posts
So here's a parts blow up of what I'm currently looking at. I need to replace parts 64900A(bumper beam) and 64101(Radiator Carrier). There's nothing to hold the radiator after I remove the carrier... and the bumper beam is holding the radiator carrier... I'm just trying to figure out if I have to completely remove the radiator. It's looking like I'll have to, but I was hoping someone here might of a work around.
View attachment 2987
Hi sir. I recently broke my radiator carrier/support. How hard was the removal/install and please give me any tips or help you can. It would be greatly appreciated. I have the DCT and the DCT undertray mounts to the rad carrier so I have to replace it. I could really use any assistance. Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts