Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Sheesh and I thought the stock sound system was good enough you must be a real audiophile.
On the fence about that one. Stock system isn't "bad", but it definitely leaves something to be desired. Now, it has been a long time since I have done much with Car Audio, so I definitely did not anticipate this much from a single 10" sub. Front door speakers should be here this afternoon/evening. Those will get installed and additional tuning done on the amps/etc. Once all of that is done, I will see what I really think.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Front door speakers/components are finally in(installing the tweets is such a pain in the ass in this car). One step closer to being done. Tomorrow, just finish work on cabling and securing the LC6i and x-overs under the passenger seat. After tomorrow, hopefully only thing left to do is install the AFE intake and turbo inlet, reinstall the engine cover and fuse cover. Then I can go clean it up and park it until he gets home. Sound Quality vid. All output voltages on the speakers are "peaked" at 35 on both a 40hz and 1khz, 0db test tone, so this should be very safe.

Vid uploaded as a short, so I can't embed.

· Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP 6MT
947 Posts
To think this evening after leaving symphony rehearsal (I play the 'cello) I was listening to Handel's Concerti Grossi opus 6. It sounded fine. My instrument was in the back seat enjoying the ride at 80+ mph.

Reactions: Qrush

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
BOOM!!! Just received notification that engine compartment parts are getting dropped off today for shipment. Should have that part assembled by Saturday night!!! Putting interior back together tonight, getting engine bay ready tomorrow, then finishing up everything on Fri-Sat under the hood. Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel is shining!!!

· Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP 6MT
947 Posts
I feel like half your message was cut off. Care to elaborate?
Not really. A system like you built is great for modern punchy music listened to at an elevated level. I protect my hearing, never listen to music too loud and wear hearing protection anytime I am someplace that might be loud. My hearing is critical to my musical playing. I totally appreciate the work, but not something I would do. I did replace my front door speakers to improve clarity. I would have done the back but removing the panel behind the driver seemed like a PITA. The doors were cake.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts