Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
List updated. AFE Intake and Turbo Inlet are now here. Tow straps as well. Intake, engine cover and fuse box cover are now boxed up together, going out tomorrow to have some “work” done. I am in Texas all next week at his BMT graduation, so no updates until I return next weekend. Plan will be to finally have the wheels and trim pieces back, complete the grill install, complete the XK light kit install and finish the under hood padding. With any luck, I will get the intake, engine cover and fuse panel cover back then as well and finally get this damn thing put together.

Sub box will not be here until around the 15th of September, so will have to wait to complete the amp mount and installation, but getting closer by the day.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So, first things first. Son graduated and is currently at Keesler awaiting his tech school start. Couldn’t possibly be more proud.

that being said, got back home and put in some work on the car today. It is finally on the ground. Wheels and trim pieces back. Front end on. Rear tow strap on. Rebadged and black H on the rear. All LEDs ran and done.

Attachments

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Veloster N Cyber Grey
90 Posts
So, first things first. Son graduated and is currently at Keesler awaiting his tech school start. Couldn’t possibly be more proud.

that being said, got back home and put in some work on the car today. It is finally on the ground. Wheels and trim pieces back. Front end on. Rear tow strap on. Rebadged and black H on the rear. All LEDs ran and done.
🤩. Looks insane!

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
🤩. Looks insane!
Unfortunately it is filthy right now. Going to bring it to the house tomorrow after getting the inside wiring completed for the switches that control the underglow circuit and the front end/hood circuit. It was a pain in the ass to get the front end/hood to “breath” in and out while having the under-car LEDs stay on constant. It is all working now though.

Last few things to get done are re-install the sub when the new box comes in and re-wire the LC2i and Amp. All the cabling is there, but still looks dirty/trashy. Also, waiting on intake, engine cover and fuse panel cover to get shipped back so they can be installed with the Turbo inlet. Was going to wait to put the front end on until I had those in so I didn’t have to lean over the bumper, but patience isn’t my best trait. Was ready to have it off jack stands and back on rubber.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Still not cut and polished, but drove it home from the shop today. Now in the garage where I can give it the full chemical guys treatment. Here are the XK’s. Single circuit board, constant undercar and breathing grill/engine. The grill/engine can breath, strobe or constant

· Registered
90 Posts
Still not cut and polished, but drove it home from the shop today. Now in the garage where I can give it the full chemical guys treatment. Here are the XK’s. Single circuit board, constant undercar and breathing grill/engine. The grill/engine can breath, strobe or constant

Looks insane. I would say that your hard work has paid off 💯%. This sure gets me thinking about changing up some things lol.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Currently they are painted. Local guy assured us the prep, paint and clear used will hold up. So much so that he gave a 3yr written warranty against defects with full refund. I am skeptical, but we will see. If they blister/peel, I will have him find a shop near his first assignment for powder coating. Unfortunately, in my area, it wasn't an option.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Sitting around bored and waiting on the sub box and hydro-dip'd parts to ship back to me. In the mean time, went ahead and put an LED strip across the top of the rear glass for a little extra interior light. Also, will be heading out this evening to go ahead and adjust voltages/gains on the LC2i and the amp. It received a full cut and polish Monday-Tuesday. Cut with the V34 and polished with V38. Still a few spots I want to do additional work on, but for the most part, looking like I want it to. HydroSlick will also be going on sometime this week. Supposed to be layer capable, so first layer will go on before the weekend and I will follow it up in a few weeks with a 2nd coat. Took a video last night of it being driven with the lights on. Wish there was a way to completely shut down headlights when driving.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
OK, I lied and couldn't wait. First application of Hydroslick is on the car. Surprised that it was not that difficult to apply. The windshield being the loan exception to that statement. That was a pain in the ass. I doubt it will get a 2nd coat. Will probably let it sit for a while and give it a good wash before the next application. Steadily running out of stuff to do now....

· Registered
90 Posts
OK, I lied and couldn't wait. First application of Hydroslick is on the car. Surprised that it was not that difficult to apply. The windshield being the loan exception to that statement. That was a pain in the ass. I doubt it will get a 2nd coat. Will probably let it sit for a while and give it a good wash before the next application. Steadily running out of stuff to do now....
Come to My place in Canada lol…I have a million things for you to do. 🍻

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
And we are back to this. Gutted interior again yesterday. Parts should be here tomorrow and Saturday. Redoing door speakers and mid/high amp. Removing LC2i in favor of an LC6i.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Damn, couple of snags that have thrown a wrench into the plans. 1st and foremost, the USPS absolutely sucks. Half the cabling I ordered from amazon, shipped yesterday from Augusta, GA, which is 2hrs drive from my house. Was supposed to be delivered today, but is currently showing delivery delay, so I don’t know when it will arrive.

The 2nd issue, and best one yet. I ordered the JBL Stadium 62CF components for the front. Came in today, in a JBL 62CF box. When I opened it, there was a set of JBL Concert 601cf, which is their lowest line. I don’t know how the hell that even happens. Refund filed with Amazon for the fronts and re-ordered from SonicElectronics. So, with any luck, everything will be here by Tuesday and I can actually finish putting it together. Gonna be a horrible weekend knowing how much work needs to be done but no work to actually do.

Will have the LC6i installed tomorrow and all the cables pulled, soldered and ready for the last few things to arrive.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Rear speakers in. LC6i wired but not tested. All speaker cables ran for tweeters and amp install. Just waiting on front speakers so I can get the x-overs and wire them in.
Electrical wiring Circuit component Electronic engineering Computer hardware Cable
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive design Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Trunk Bag

· Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP 6MT
947 Posts
When your son picks-up this car I am afraid you are going to go through some sort withdrawal. We will be here for you.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts