Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, son is away at basic training/tech school for the USAF until November. Prior to departing basic, he drove a 2016 ford focus SE. The day I dropped him off at MEPS, I sold his car and started my hunt for his VN. Quick backstory, his first car was a Veloster turbo. Purchased used, but had a ton of tastefully done mods. He loved it until one night, a driver ran a red light, hit him and then ran. His car was, unfortunately, totaled. We couldn't find another V that he liked, so we went with a ridiculously low mileage focus with the understanding we would update it down the road. Well, little did he know, I have been planning this for 2+ years.

I take delivery of his VN on Saturday July 30th. Was supposed to go up this week to get it, but Covid had other plans. Can't get it next week, so we pushed out to the 30th and Hyundai of Asheville is gladly holding it for me. Side note, if you are in the area, don't hesitate to hit them up. They were great to work with.

Car:
'22 Ultra Black Veloster N

Initial mods, already ordered and en route to me:
Window tint being installed next week by dealer. Legal on front, 15% everywhere else
Custom Car Grills mesh grill
Diode Dynamics interior strip lights
Rally Armour mud flaps, Black/Red
N75 Motorsports red "side skirt" badges
Premium Auto dark black Amber Deletes for front end
AeroBlitz splitter, side skirts, rear spats and rear bumper extended(Want APR, but just can't get past the carbon look)
Boomba Catch Can
Tail light tint kit(haven't found one pre-cut yet, but I am sure they are out there)
Velossa Big Mouth snorkel, red
Hella Horns, red
Custom Center cap "Red N's"
NRG Lug Nuts
SKAR Audio EVL 10", Ported
SKAR Audio RP1200.1D
XK Underglow LEDs with grill strip added.

Others:
Going to just paint the factory wheels black for now. Wheels are something that I want him to pick out so I am standing down and will at least paint the factory ones
Having the silver trim piece on the front grill painted(still deciding on black or red)
Having trip pieces on lower left and right grill area painted red to match other trim
Still on the fence lowering it. I want to, but also, kind of want to see how it looks with the mud flaps and splitter/side skirts/rear spats to see if it needs it

Once I pick the car up, will post a pic here of it in factory form, then hauling it out to the shop to remove the front end and put it up on stands for probably 30 days or so while I receive parts and put it back together. Looking to only have to take the bumper off once, so it will not be drivable for at least 30-45 days after I receive it.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Veloster N Cyber Grey
82 Posts
So, son is away at basic training/tech school for the USAF until November. Prior to departing basic, he drove a 2016 ford focus SE. The day I dropped him off at MEPS, I sold his car and started my hunt for his VN. Quick backstory, his first car was a Veloster turbo. Purchased used, but had a ton of tastefully done mods. He loved it until one night, a driver ran a red light, hit him and then ran. His car was, unfortunately, totaled. We couldn't find another V that he liked, so we went with a ridiculously low mileage focus with the understanding we would update it down the road. Well, little did he know, I have been planning this for 2+ years.

I take delivery of his VN on Saturday July 30th. Was supposed to go up this week to get it, but Covid had other plans. Can't get it next week, so we pushed out to the 30th and Hyundai of Asheville is gladly holding it for me. Side note, if you are in the area, don't hesitate to hit them up. They were great to work with.

Car:
'22 Ultra Black Veloster N

Initial mods, already ordered and en route to me:
Window tint being installed next week by dealer. Legal on front, 15% everywhere else
Custom Car Grills mesh grill
Diode Dynamics interior strip lights
Rally Armour mud flaps, Black/Red
N75 Motorsports red "side skirt" badges
Premium Auto dark black Amber Deletes for front end

Will be ordering:
AeroBlitz splitter, side skirts, rear spats and rear bumper extended(Want APR, but just can't get past the carbon look)
Boomba Catch Can
Tail light tint kit(haven't found one pre-cut yet, but I am sure they are out there)
Velossa Big Mouth snorkel, red
Hella Horns, red

Others:
Going to just paint the factory wheels black for now. Wheels are something that I want him to pick out so I am standing down and will at least paint the factory ones
Having the silver trim piece on the front grill painted(still deciding on black or red)
Having trip pieces on lower left and right grill area painted red to match other trim
Still on the fence lowering it. I want to, but also, kind of want to see how it looks with the mud flaps and splitter/side skirts/rear spats to see if it needs it

Once I pick the car up, will post a pic here of it in factory form, then hauling it out to the shop to remove the front end and put it up on stands for probably 30 days or so while I receive parts and put it back together. Looking to only have to take the bumper off once, so it will not be drivable for at least 30-45 days after I receive it.
Congrats and lucky son and great dad.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
780 Posts
What a nice dad. Oh well, at least I am detailing and changing the oil on my daughter's Tuscan hybrid soon. That is something, I guess...

• Haha
Reactions: klutzke

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fellow AD USAF here. Best of luck to your son going through BMT & tech school. Sounds like it’ll be a fun project for you
Oh yeah, the project part is going to be a blast. Looking forward to getting it here so I can start. I served from 98-03, was a 3C0. Son is a 1D(same job I had just different designator). Looking forward to surprising him when he gets back from Kessler.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you want to tint the taillights. I used spray, that way I was able to make the upper sides super dark, and the functional back areas super light. It is not reversible like film, but I love it. Just be sure to coat with lots of clear coat to prevent discoloring in the future.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grill, headlight tint, tail light tint, catch can, horns, snorkel, splitter, side skirts and rear spats are all in. Waiting on a few more parts to have everything. Now just need to get the car!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you want to tint the taillights. I used spray, that way I was able to make the upper sides super dark, and the functional back areas super light. It is not reversible like film, but I love it. Just be sure to coat with lots of clear coat to prevent discoloring in the future. View attachment 9615
Just a heads up, in case people are afraid to try this. It IS reversible. With some elbow grease, though. I once painted tail lights with VHT tail light spray and then had to remove it. It comes off VERY quickly with brakleen, but if you're not experienced and quick, you can damage the plastic very quickly. However, I used actual brake fluid and a microfiber towel and was able to remove all the shade successfully. It wasn't easy or quick, but it worked. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Veloster N Cyber Grey
82 Posts
If you want to tint the taillights. I used spray, that way I was able to make the upper sides super dark, and the functional back areas super light. It is not reversible like film, but I love it. Just be sure to coat with lots of clear coat to prevent discoloring in the future. View attachment 9615
What rims are these? Look perfect!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
List updated up above. Added the SKAR EVL 10" and SKAR RP1200.1D. Also, NRG lug nuts and XK Underglow and Grill LED lighting in red. Still have about 200 miles left to put on it before I haul it to my shop and put it up on car stands. Appointment scheduled for Monday to drop the wheels and trim pieces off. Decided against Red. Just gonna paint the silver and gray trim pieces on the front in Ultra black.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
780 Posts
I know I am older than you, but if you would like to adopt me I would not resist it. Just sayin'.

Reactions: UB22N
1 - 20 of 24 Posts