Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Veloster N has a break in period of under 1000 miles keep it under 3000 rpm?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did a little research and answered my own question. According to the manual you should stay between 2K and 4K rpm for the first 500miles and vary your speed. But if someone has more info, please post.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did a little research and answered my own question. According to the manual you should stay between 2K and 4K rpm for the first 500miles and vary your speed. But if someone has more info, please post.
That's about all there is to it. Don't go hard, don't maintain one speed. Engine break-in is just like asking what oil to use, there are a thousand different opinions.

Personally, I just drove the car and tried not to use cruise control or go balls to the wall.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The problem with this is..., I went balls to the wall on the test drive.

As did everyone else that put the first 80 miles on it.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
6 Posts
What about if you purchased the car 1000 miles from home and you now have to use freeways... Should I just vary the RPM as much as possible?

·
Registered
424 Posts
What about if you purchased the car 1000 miles from home and you now have to use freeways... Should I just vary the RPM as much as possible?
Yup, that’s about all you can do. I bought my car in another state and had a long road trip back home, too. Just keep the revs varied as much as possible.

Until recently, several European brands offered Euro delivery where you would drive your car from the factory there and take it on a road trip. There were no restrictions on what type of driving you could do. Granted, the manual for sure said to vary the revs, but I think there is a tacit understanding that driving normally won’t harm your engine during break-in period.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
6 Posts
Yup, that’s about all you can do. I bought my car in another state and had a long road trip back home, too. Just keep the revs varied as much as possible.

Until recently, several European brands offered Euro delivery where you would drive your car from the factory there and take it on a road trip. There were no restrictions on what type of driving you could do. Granted, the manual for sure said to vary the revs, but I think there is a tacit understanding that driving normally won’t harm your engine during break-in period.
Thanks! Yeah, I'll be driving about 1100 miles! Should be a fun trip (except for the avoiding COVID part). Trying to see if there are some smaller roads I can take at the start of it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts