Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new 2021 VN on the 12th of this month. I didn't actually drive it much the first week, but second week I realized the bind-spot warning detection was not working. The button to the left of the steering wheel did nothing and the LED would not come on. I though there would be something in the infotainment system to enable it but there was nothing present. I drove it to the dealer service department where I bought it and the tech looked over it right there for a bit. Checked the codes, looked like he re-flashed the car, and then made a couple phone calls. He determined he wanted to investigate further, so I scheduled an appointment to have them look into it. He said it should not be more that a couple days. They said they would give me a loaner car in the meantime.

I dropped it off early morning the 27th at the service department. They said loaner cars were first-come-first-serve and none were available and I had to wait for the shuttle to take me back home. An hour and a half later, waiting in the lobby, the shuttle took me home. Frustrated by being behind on work that day now I just accepted that this stuff happens and carried on.

This morning I noticed through Blue Link the car was parked outside with the hood down. I wondered if they were done. I called several times and left a message but no answer. I took my wife's car down see what was going on. They said the schematic for the BSW module was wrong and they had to work with folks in Korea to get it worked out. They determined the module was bad and it needed a new. They said they couldn't swap it with one there because they are "VIN locked," and the closest one was on Dallas TX. It apparently was going to be a several day wait for shipping, and they said they would hopefully have the car ready early to mid next week.

Brand new car.... man this sucks...

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Stuff happens, all things work the good. It’s Hyundai's issue not yours.

I seriously doubt the schematic is wrong, just the understanding. The module plugs in one way.
They are VIN locked to the ECU, which they told you is correct.

Take it in stride, nothing’s perfect, nothing!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear. Read this post literally after seeing a new 2022 Veloster N with a manual pop up in my area with a dealer markup leading the price to $37,845....

Let us know what happens! Hang in there

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I got my new 2021 VN on the 12th of this month. I didn't actually drive it much the first week, but second week I realized the bind-spot warning detection was not working. The button to the left of the steering wheel did nothing and the LED would not come on. I though there would be something in the infotainment system to enable it but there was nothing present. I drove it to the dealer service department where I bought it and the tech looked over it right there for a bit. Checked the codes, looked like he re-flashed the car, and then made a couple phone calls. He determined he wanted to investigate further, so I scheduled an appointment to have them look into it. He said it should not be more that a couple days. They said they would give me a loaner car in the meantime.

I dropped it off early morning the 27th at the service department. They said loaner cars were first-come-first-serve and none were available and I had to wait for the shuttle to take me back home. An hour and a half later, waiting in the lobby, the shuttle took me home. Frustrated by being behind on work that day now I just accepted that this stuff happens and carried on.

This morning I noticed through Blue Link the car was parked outside with the hood down. I wondered if they were done. I called several times and left a message but no answer. I took my wife's car down see what was going on. They said the schematic for the BSW module was wrong and they had to work with folks in Korea to get it worked out. They determined the module was bad and it needed a new. They said they couldn't swap it with one there because they are "VIN locked," and the closest one was on Dallas TX. It apparently was going to be a several day wait for shipping, and they said they would hopefully have the car ready early to mid next week.

Brand new car.... man this sucks...
I have a 2021 DCT that the BSW worked fine until I put All Season tires on it now gets false positives on the passenger side constantly. Seems like the Blind Spot systems on these cars are hit or miss. Several others on this forum and VelosterN subReddit have the same issue. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but will at some point. Other than that it’s been a fun trouble free 8k miles so far. Knock on wood.
Hope they sort it out. Parts shortages are a serious problem for all service sectors currently. Shortages will continue to be like that into 2022.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Best way to check if it’s faulty is put it in reverse and see if it recognizes cross traffic if it doesn’t something is off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any luck getting the BSW system working again? Dealing with the same thing. New sensor and it still shows a false positive. Running all season Vredestein tires.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any luck getting the BSW system working again? Dealing with the same thing. New sensor and it still shows a false positive. Running all season Vredestein tires.
Yes the dealership got it working. They needed to replace the BSW module as the one that came with it from the factory just didn't work. Mine was not due to tires or anything. It just didn't work off the lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes the dealership got it working. They needed to replace the BSW module as the one that came with it from the factory just didn't work. Mine was not due to tires or anything. It just didn't work off the lot.
Good to hear they got it working for you. I am guessing you are still running the OEM tires?

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear they got it working for you. I am guessing you are still running the OEM tires?
Yes I am. The car was 100% fully stock with not even 100 miles. I just didn't notice the BSW not working during my test drive or first few days with the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FWIW, I swapped the OEM wheels and tires back onto the car and the BSW false alarm went away. Sounds like the sensors aren't set up to deal with a non OEM setup.

I am curious what would cause this. If the BSW is using radar to detect a vehicle, it would be using a radio frequency return vs tire sound frequency to trigger the sensor. I wonder if radar back-lobes from the non-OEM wheels could be triggering it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts