Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just got my brand new 2020 Veloster N last week and while driving it home the check engine light came on. The OBDII scan read misfires in three cylinders. It been at a dealership since then. The Dealership in the hudson valley NY has had no luck getting in touch with hyundai for almost a week now. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this with there new car?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haven't heard about something like this since the early 2019 models. Don't remember how it was resolved though. I remember one guy needed an entire engine swap but i don't quite remember if this was the root of that problem

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't heard about something like this since the early 2019 models. Don't remember how it was resolved though. I remember one guy needed an entire engine swap but i don't quite remember if this was the root of that problem
Wow, hopefully does not come to that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hello all,

Just got my brand new 2020 Veloster N last week and while driving it home the check engine light came on. The OBDII scan read misfires in three cylinders. It been at a dealership since then. The Dealership in the hudson valley NY has had no luck getting in touch with hyundai for almost a week now. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this with there new car?
The feeling of misfires, especially while cold I and quite a few others definitely have. But I have not had a cel pop up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Bro, my car has been at Universal Hyundai of Orlando since September 9th and theyre still troubleshooting the car. They’ve changed spark plugs, coil packs, injectors, fuel lines and still misfiring apparently. They’re changing out the ECU out now and hopefully it fixes things. But same exact thing, misfire on multiple cylinders and a bunch of other crazy codes. You need to be adamant with them and very forceful cause Hyundai’s service depts suck ass and suck at communicating. If I I were you I’d start a case with Hyundai now to expedite your problems and and escalate it if they don’t do anything fast enough cause then you’ll be stuck in my situation.

·
Registered
127 Posts
As a potential future owner of this car, I find this very concerning. I understand that it’s not the majority, but worrying nonetheless 🤔
Mike

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
First thing they need to be doing is checking the compression in each cylinder the do a leak down compression test. Misfires can be due to electrical issues with; ECU, bad coil packs, leaky injectors etc.

What trouble codes were displayed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts