Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I start my Veloster now the brake warning light will come on between 5 and 5-1/2 minutes from the time the car is started. Not the ABS light or any other lights. Regardless of wether it is just parked for 5 minutes or driving for 5 minutes. Anyone ran across this? Brake fluid level looked good but just to make sure I bleed the brakes on all 4 corners. No change. Disconnected and vacuum check the booster to make sure it seals good. No change. Brakes feel very firm. Maybe even too sensitive but not sure if that’s normal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Every time I start my Veloster now the brake warning light will come on between 5 and 5-1/2 minutes from the time the car is started. Not the ABS light or any other lights. Regardless of wether it is just parked for 5 minutes or driving for 5 minutes. Anyone ran across this? Brake fluid level looked good but just to make sure I bleed the brakes on all 4 corners. No change. Disconnected and vacuum check the booster to make sure it seals good. No change. Brakes feel very firm. Maybe even too sensitive but not sure if that’s normal.
Sounds like fluid level or air in the system, but it also be something else like a short in one of the ABS wires or similar. You're going to have to take it in for service most likely. It's probably safe to drive, but I would try not to wait too long.

Good luck and keep up updated.

-Sam

·
Registered
38 Posts
Weird, check the connection to the fluid level sensor and make sure it's snug. ABS sensors issues usually throw a traction control light too. I read somewhere modern cars may give you this light even when a brake light bulb is out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll check connections again, but sounds like I may be forced into the dealer. Are the brakes on these cars normally sensitive to the point that it’s hard to hit the brakes without jolting the passenger or am I just too use to my old muscle cars?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brake warning light also works when I apply the e brake. But it goes off after I release the e brake and start driving then comes on again right around 5-1/4 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts