Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody else having these issue with the the brake rotors? No matter how hard I clean them they can’t stay rust free. All the rust that comes off is constantly going on/in the wheel barrel.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Climate and ambient conditions, along with the rotor composition. It’s part of owning a VN.

Change rotors to an alloy composition, along with ceramic non metallic or low metallic base is about the only way to cut it down dramatically.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Climate and ambient conditions, along with the rotor composition. It’s part of owning a VN.

Change rotors to an alloy composition, along with ceramic non metallic or low metallic base is about the only way to cut it down dramatically.👍🇺🇸
Copy. Do you know where I can purchase some?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes every time I wash the car they rust and get a fine dust all over the wheels. Best I came up with is a product by chemical guys called jet seal on the painted wheels followed up by hydro charge ceramic spray a few days later. Barrels lips everything. Wash car, dry it, drive it, detail wheels. With the products above you can use a blow gun to get the rust dust off between washes. Trade off of having great brakes I guess. Anyway not the best way im sure just what I do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless you have carbon ceramic brakes all rotors rust. The more humid it is the more they rust. If you live somewhere warm by the ocean they will have new rust everyday. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

I don't know much about fancy rotors that wont rust but I can guess they would be crazy expensive or just suck and make your brakes terrible.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Copy. Do you know where I can purchase some?
Yes, in Canada N75 Motorsports is a good start.
EBC Brakes

Sorry for the delay in response.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Veloster N Cyber Grey
23 Posts
Anybody else having these issue with the the brake rotors? No matter how hard I clean them they can’t stay rust free. All the rust that comes off is constantly going on/in the wheel barrel. View attachment 8996
Anybody else having these issue with the the brake rotors? No matter how hard I clean them they can’t stay rust free. All the rust that comes off is constantly going on/in the wheel barrel. View attachment 8996
Geez mine look worse than yours and my car is brand new with only 100 Kms on it. What did you use to remove some of the rust. Mine has rust around the rotor edge by the hub. Thx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geez mine look worse than yours and my car is brand new with only 100 Kms on it. What did you use to remove some of the rust. Mine has rust around the rotor edge by the hub. Thx
Yes, in Canada N75 Motorsports is a good start.
EBC Brakes

Sorry for the delay in response.👍🇺🇸
Copy. Thanks, bud.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am gonna to replace them to ceramics, I think. The rust drives me crazy. Try soaking them in Vinegar.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
You can us a brake rotor hone which is the quick way.

Or CLR

QUOTE="Cbear, post: 43609, member: 4063"]
Wow that looks much better. Problem is I’m not handy and getting my rotors off would be a gong show lol. Thanks for the video.
[/QUOTE] Use I the CLR but remove the wheels and keep it away from the brake caliper.

You can also use brake cleaner.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Veloster N Cyber Grey
23 Posts
You can us a brake rotor hone which is the quick way.

Or CLR

Oh wow! Thanks I’m definitely capable of this. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Use the hone first, boss? What does the hone do? Spray CLR after and scrub or just wipe off?
Use the brake hone as a lady resort.

The CLR with a steel wool pad or wire brush will take off the rust. Spray on let sit for a couple of minutes, scrub then rinse off. Repeat as necessary, then wipe dry.

The brake hone will take off stubborn rust. It’s also great to recondition the rotors after or during a track day, AutoX or autocross event. It will knock off and pad debris left on the rotor.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Use the brake hone as a lady resort.

The CLR with a steel wool pad or wire brush will take off the rust. Spray on let sit for a couple of minutes, scrub then rinse off. Repeat as necessary, then wipe dry.

The brake hone will take off stubborn rust. It’s also great to recondition the rotors after or during a track day, AutoX or autocross event. It will knock off and pad debris left on the rotor.👍🇺🇸
Copy. Thank you, sir.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts