Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
CARiD has one of the worse car specific lookups I've seen and I personally wouldn't trust it. Which is why I look things up with part numbers. They are currently the only US based site I've seen that says they have them in stock, which is why I posted the links to them. You can look up the part numbers and order from someone else that DOES have the Veloster N listed on their site if you so desire but it's most likely going to be drop shipped to you from the UK. Like Summit Racing here has the fronts listed on their site with the fitment being the Veloster N but isn't shipping out until the 15th.

Also, I've done a lot of research into what pads will work on this car. Before anyone could in the US could even confirm if the i30N EBC Yellowstuff pads would fit the Veloster N, I had them ordered. Then had to wait 1-2 months for them to ship due to COVID freshly hitting the UK and shutting everything down. After getting them in, they went in the car immediately and hey, my research was right and it fits perfectly fine, front and rear. Saved myself over $300 on pads that work WAY better when wet compared to OEM that was just straight up scary when it's downpouring. I have about 8k miles on them and have been quite happy with them so far over OEM.
View attachment 3586

I'm just sharing info here so other N owners can be informed and could even save money on a pretty good street and trackable pad. Or even crazier yet, Rockauto is selling a set of pads for $50 for these cars. Perfect for those that will never do any kind of motorsports event with their N.
Ok thats great information as well, thanks for clearing that up.

Hows the dust on the yellows? Same ish ? Its not a deal breaker or anything but goddamn is the oem dust annoying lol. Especially at their price point.

The better performance alone makes the yellows more attractive as ive had some scary situations.

How the noise as well? I really dont care for noise much, i honestly kind of like it some times if its not ridiculous lol.

And final question, i saw after a track day the yellow stuffs destroyed one guys rotors but it was not on an N so how smooth have they been to the rotors?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok thats great information as well, thanks for clearing that up.

Hows the dust on the yellows? Same ish ? Its not a deal breaker or anything but goddamn is the oem dust annoying lol. Especially at their price point.

The better performance alone makes the yellows more attractive as ive had some scary situations.

How the noise as well? I really dont care for noise much, i honestly kind of like it some times if its not ridiculous lol.

And final question, i saw after a track day the yellow stuffs destroyed one guys rotors but it was not on an N so how smooth have they been to the rotors?
They're about the same. If anything, the Yellows might be building up dust at a slower rate but that just might be me overthinking it.

For noise, it's also about the same as the OEM. Maybe a little more squealy but you really can't hear them unless you slow down very slowly with the windows down. I know back in 2018 when I had these for my Civic Si, they squealed very loud and was like that for the first week. Even with following the proper break-in procedure on new rotors, every red light was just loud squealing. Never had any loud squealing with the N with these pads so they most likely updated the pad formula since then.

I put these on 14k mile rotors (still waiting for those Centric Premiums to be available) but haven't been able to get on track due to COVID condensing my autox schedule. So I don't really know if it'll destroy a rotor or not on track. But haven't run into any issues with rotors running them and I did like 20 autox events. I have tracked my Civic Si with them with great success though. Did 5 20 min sessions while running the Falken RT615k+ tires. Even drove 1 hour back home on the same rotors and pads with no issues.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts