Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It鈥檚 really growing on me. I noticed today that I seem to be getting more and louder pops and crackles. Gotta love that Polyphonic Exhaust Harmonizer too. 馃榿

Reactions: Ghost

Registered
I'd have to hear it to believe it. I had one on my R-Spec but I can't imagine what could be better than stock on my N.

Where did you get it? Who put it on?

Registered
Most exhausts will change after a few hundred miles. Getting deeper and more throaty. Once the manufacturing coating burns off and carbon coats the inside. I'm still a few months away before I purchase an exhaust or a DP. Going to wait for at least 5k miles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd have to hear it to believe it. I had one on my R-Spec but I can't imagine what could be better than stock on my N.

It sounds great. I went through the Borla website for a list of their dealers. I can't remember right now. I put it on myself.

Bill

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Borla exhaust, sounds way better than the OEM exhaust.:) (y) Can be had from; SC Garage, Gen Racer,to name a few.
I second that. 馃榾

Reactions: RedVN

Registered
So this still allows for use of the on board settings to adjust the exhaust volume just like stock right?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So this still allows for use of the on board settings to adjust the exhaust volume just like stock right?
Yes, it comes with the exhaust valving on the right side pipe just like the stock. All you do is remove the exhaust control module from the stock and remount to the Borla. I actually am getting louder and more pops and crackles, plus the lower exhaust note.

Registered

I feel the same. I think there is a lot of confusion about exhaust "sound" with our cars since we have two distinctive exhaust settings. Obviously any aftermarket system is going to be louder than the stock system in normal, however for my purposes that is a negative. I want normal mode to be stealth and fairly quiet. With no resonator and the XForce DP my normal is already noisy at times with soft pops and gurgels. Then there is N mode which is essentially straight piped from the factory. In this mode I want it as loud and popping obnoxious as possible. Is it possible that the aftermarket systems are louder in N? I have considered trying to do the Bissimoto mod to the stock system just to see if that makes it louder. Athough part of me likes the idea that if I were to be pulled over for noisy exhaust I could show them that the muffler is stock and unaltered.

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
It鈥檚 really growing on me. I noticed today that I seem to be getting more and louder pops and crackles. Gotta love that Polyphonic Exhaust Harmonizer too. 馃榿
Anybody Know if that exaust would fit on the 2021 DCT? or why it wouldn't if not ? This along with a lot of parts that I have seen for the veloster n kind of cut off the 2021 veloster N as if it dosen't exist when searching by Year/Make/Model. Just thought I would ask. I sent an email to Borla to find out and will update when I hear back, but just wanted to see if anybody else put the Borla on the 2021 DCT. Thanks!

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
Crawel under the car and take a full shot of the exhaust then post the photo here.

I can tell you then.
This is the best I could do quickly. If you need me to get a different image or of a more specific angle let me know! I did get a response from Borla now that wasn't very helpful but dosen't really mean it dosen't work:

Attachments

Registered
Here you go, some photos of the MT

I think its pretty safe to say that the exhausts are interchangeable. The muffler sections are obviously different (compare the pics of the driver side hanger), but the rest of them look the same.

Registered
This is the best I could do quickly. If you need me to get a different image or of a more specific angle let me know! I did get a response from Borla now that wasn't very helpful but dosen't really mean it dosen't work:

View attachment 5785

View attachment 5780 View attachment 5781 View attachment 5782 View attachment 5783
I don't see anything unusual or extraordinary for the DCT vs the MT. All the hangers are the same placement, flex pipe to mid as well as mid to silencer couplings are the same. Mid pipe bends as well as silencer bends are the same and I don't see ay issues. My personal opinion is; the Borla will fit just fine.:)

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
I don't see anything unusual or extraordinary for the DCT vs the MT. All the hangers are the same placement, flex pipe to mid as well as mid to silencer couplings are the same. Mid pipe bends as well as silencer bends are the same and I don't see ay issues. My personal opinion is; the Borla will fit just fine.:)
I think this is a conspiracy RedVN just wants me to get it so I can sell it cheap here on the forum after I find out it dosen't fit :) lol jk. Thanks for taking the time to give your input!

Registered
Nah, there's one for sale now in the FOR SALE section at a good price. Hey, someone's got to be the guinea pig, if not you another owner.

Borla can't tell you for sure because they can't get their hands on a VN DCT. We've got one of the southwest's largest dealerships here and they haven't got any, nor do they see any in sight.

I took a good look at the bends and compared them to my 2019. If the bends were different it would never fit. Everything's the same, as far as I can tell. I wouldn't comment if I didn't believe it would fit.

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
Nah, there's one for sale now in the FOR SALE section at a good price. Hey, someone's got to be the guinea pig, if not you another owner.

Borla can't tell you for sure because they can't get their hands on a VN DCT. We've got one of the southwest's largest dealerships here and they haven't got any, nor do they see any in sight.

I took a good look at the bends and compared them to my 2019. If the bends were different it would never fit. Everything's the same, as far as I can tell. I wouldn't comment if I didn't believe it would fit.
I should ask them to send me one and I'll let them know how it went lol

Registered
馃ぃThat might work鈥︹︹︹︹︹︹ever know. However, you might try anyway. Ask them for a discount and let them know you鈥檒l be the donor car for them. Stranger things have happened and it only takes an email or phone call to find out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts