Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2020 PP Veloster N in Racing Red
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Boomba Racing short shift lever and weighted shift knob on my VN this weekend, and I have to say I am very impressed:

(apologies for the dirty floor mats lol)

Link to the product on Boomba's website: Veloster N Short Shifter & Weighted Shift Knob COMBO

I had previously been using the JBR short shift adapter and bushings, but with the stock knob and I wasn't super happy with that setup. I originally had intended to thread my stock shift lever to fit an aftermarket weighted knob (M12x1.25 threaded) as I had seen some others have done on this forum, but after struggling to cut the threads on the stock lever I decided to stick with the factory knob.

I can confidently say that the Boomba racing short shift lever is a clear improvement over the stock one in every way. The throw is shorter without being overly short, and with the Boomba weighted knob the shifts are buttery smooth. Overall, the Boomba lever feels less 'short' than the JBR short shift adapter (the Boomba claims to be 30% reduction in travel, whereas the JBR is a 35% reduction in travel). However, I think the Boomba shifter feels more refined and significantly less 'notchy' or resistive than the JBR one, while still being shorter and smoother than the stock shift lever.

Zero regrets and I would highly recommend the Boomba short shifter & weighted knob combo to anyone considering a short shifter for their VN.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Nope, the gate doesn’t change and I don’t have any need to shift quickly. Generally, most owners attempt to shift too quickly. Its not needed or required to mark a fast positive shift. It’s all in the hand coordination.

Theres a company in Germany CAE SHIFTERS, that has a shifter for the I30N that I’m thinking about buying and fitting. It’s as close to a sequential a MT can get.
It’s even shorter in its throw.

Due to its construction, it is spring loaded in both forward and reverse operation. You simply bump the shift lever upshifting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts