Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody come up with a suitable mtn bike rack for the Veloster N yet? My Sarris I used on my Focus ST works but it will not stay tight on the Veloster. If I hit a bump it will bounce and make the rack loosen up. I dont want to invest a whole bunch of money cause this car will be gone next April when my 2021 Bronco gets here.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anybody come up with a suitable mtn bike rack for the Veloster N yet? My Sarris I used on my Focus ST works but it will not stay tight on the Veloster. If I hit a bump it will bounce and make the rack loosen up. I dont want to invest a whole bunch of money cause this car will be gone next April when my 2021 Bronco gets here.
My son will be interested in this as well. I've seen a few Veloster Turbos with the hitch and hitch-mounted racks, but he thinks it's a status symbol to put them on top of the car? I'm not sure what the deal is....

-Sam

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent seen a hitch that works cause of the dual active exhausts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One bike fits perfectly in the back when you fold the seats down. I don't see the need for a bike rack on this unless, as someone said, it's as a status symbol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A large frame 29" full suspension mtn bike fits in the back?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll give it a shot but the handle bars on a mtn bike are significantly larger than a road bike. Just trying to hold out til the new Bronco comes out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im not hanging a $4000 mtn bike on suction cups.
I see SeaSuckers hauling around far more expensive bikes at virtually every race I enter... road, mountain or gravel. I don’t own one, but have used one before to haul my $7k Epic Marathon.

They are excellent products.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
O
I see SeaSuckers hauling around far more expensive bikes at virtually every race I enter... road, mountain or gravel. I don’t own one, but have used one before to haul my $7k Epic Marathon.

Ok, I see it now. Seasucker used as a roof mount. I was thinking suction cups mounted on the rear glass.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O

Ok, I see it now. Seasucker used as a roof mount. I was thinking suction cups mounted on the rear glass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can mount them to the sheet metal or glass. I’ve seen them used both ways. Personally if I was using it regularly I’d try to mount it to sheet metal over glass where possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ride BMX and MTB. The BMX bike fits in back with the seats folded down (no disassembly required). For my mountain bike I use Sea Suckers and they work perfectly. I try to mount them as far forward as possible with at least one suction cup on my windshield. I can hear the roof flex a little when mounting completely on the roof. I got sea suckers because I hate wind noise from roof racks and the sea suckers have not failed me yet. Ive only put one MTB on my VN however my gf rides too so ill get back to you on whether its sketchy to carry two bikes

hope this was helpful

1 - 14 of 14 Posts