Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about possibly getting a roof rack for my VN. Has anyone gotten one? I'm worried about how it'll look, but I need a way to get my mountain bikes around without using my old car. Another option is to get a hitch but I'm not fond of that either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thule Kit 1676 can be made to work

I was able to get the kit for the older Veloster model to work.

The front clips, part 679, were too short to reach the front door sills. Very close, but wouldn't work.
Filing the top part of the round hole about 1/8" gave it enough reach to fit.

The rear clip fit perfectly out of the box.
No issues with opening the rear hatch with a road bike on top.

https://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/pdf/KIT1676.pdf

The hole in the grey part below is what was modified.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thanks! I'll look into both... still trying to wait till the weather gets warmer. I've never heard of the sea sucker company, looks pretty easy to pop on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Im excited to see where this goes. Having the ability a haul a little more is never a bad thing. Plus the best thing I ever seen was an old Galant VR4 making about 500hp to the wheels. It pulled up to the races back in like 2002 and he had 2 10speed strapped the roof rack and gapped a dam Viper. I knew the kid so it was no surprise but to others who did not know any better, it was fun as crap to see it happen.

The other surprise was a kid named Landon, had the "fastiva", a 91 Ford Festiva, swapped the Maxda B323 and tossed on a T3/57trim, Thing pulled on so many cars it was funny to watch the owners dumbfound looks. Unfortunately he passed away at like 21.....

Moral of the story, do something unique. I have also been reviewing racks and such, I need to admit, I feel in love with the Bisimoto Veloseter N at SEMA, I would have bought it if they gave me a price (then scraped the vinyl off the windows). So now I need to build my own.

And I have seen boxes on plenty of nice exotic cars..... We have another Lambo (not the one photoed here) rolling around Park City with a camo wrap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My Saris hatch rack that worked on my Focus ST also hooked up fine on my Veloster N. Just ran the straps under the spoiler and hooked them onto the upper hatch lip. Now I just gotta decide what bike I want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
From what I saw Yakima makes a mout that fits. Keep me posted on if anyone gets one because I’m heavily thinking on doing a roof box.

·
Registered
72 Posts
From what I saw Yakima makes a mout that fits. Keep me posted on if anyone gets one because I’m heavily thinking on doing a roof box.
Previously posted this on another another thread here:
Short of it, Yakima works well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Previously posted this on another another thread here:
Short of it, Yakima works well.
didn’t notice that, I saw something about the Thule Rack but I was just adding I saw Yakima has one also

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this rack off of e-bay. It’s by Rockbros. I wasn’t paying the price for the sea sucker which was $489. No! I only paid $173 shipping included! It was a huge leap of faith but I put my bike up there and went CRAZY to test the suction of it. It worked PERFECTLY! No problems at all! I even did 80mph with no problems as well. I recommend it to anyone. It’s easy to install and remove and won’t scratch the car nor it will it take away from its appearance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thule Kit 1676 can be made to work

I was able to get the kit for the older Veloster model to work.

The front clips, part 679, were too short to reach the front door sills. Very close, but wouldn't work.
Filing the top part of the round hole about 1/8" gave it enough reach to fit.

The rear clip fit perfectly out of the box.
No issues with opening the rear hatch with a road bike on top.

https://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/pdf/KIT1676.pdf

The hole in the grey part below is what was modified.
I’d love to see some photos of this setup since I’m tempted to try it myself!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts