Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Requires body perforations, bye bye paint and body warranty.
One would think given Hyundai's tolerance for track mods they should honor the rust warranty for any other part of the car besides the hatch if you install a big(est) wang. I know this thread is old but rather than start a new thread I used the search function. I've also never heard of anyone getting a payout on that perforation warranty anyway. Cars can rust in time but even here in Minnesota it would be a colossal defect to rust bad enough qualify.

Registered
Nope, as soon as you perforate the body they鈥檒l deny a warranty claim. I understand what your saying but Hyundai is the determining factor. If it鈥檚 something you choose to do, I鈥檇 be asking my dealership for permission first.

They鈥檒l repair rust within the corrosion warranty specifications but any additional perforation beyond the OEM specifications, is a warranty denial. Using the alternate hatch cover, is also outside the OEM specifications for the VN. It wasn't equipped with one, nor is it an accessory part for the car.

Not sure why anyone would install such a wing anyway. It will only cause considerable drag and slow the car down. The addition of a much larger splitter is required to offset such an increase in drag and front end lift as well. This will also slow the car down. To keep the car at the similar OEM performance level, the engine will require more hp to pull and push both.

Asia is where the original term of; 鈥渞icer or rice racer鈥 originated for good reason. Bolting on exterior parts which have no defined functional purpose other than ascetics, are a waste of money and often referred to as 鈥渞icing鈥 up a car. I didn鈥檛 create the term, just applying It to where it鈥檚 most appropriate.

Messing with the aerodynamics of the car requires more than just bolting on a splitter and larger rear wing. These modifications can at higher speeds cause adversely handling effects.馃憤馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Nope, as soon as you perforate the body they鈥檒l deny a warranty claim. I understand what your saying but Hyundai is the determining factor. If it鈥檚 something you choose to do, I鈥檇 be asking my dealership for permission first.

They鈥檒l repair rust within the corrosion warranty specifications but any additional perforation beyond the OEM specifications, is a warranty denial. Using the alternate hatch cover, is also outside the OEM specifications for the VN. It wasn't equipped with one, nor is it an accessory part for the car.

Not sure why anyone would install such a wing anyway. It will only cause considerable drag and slow the car down. The addition of a much larger splitter is required to offset such an increase in drag and front end lift as well. This will also slow the car down. To keep the car at the similar OEM performance level, the engine will require more hp to pull and push both.

Asia is where the original term of; 鈥渞icer or rice racer鈥 originated for good reason. Bolting on exterior parts which have no defined functional purpose other than ascetics, are a waste of money and often referred to as 鈥渞icing鈥 up a car. I didn鈥檛 create the term, just applying It to where it鈥檚 most appropriate.

Messing with the aerodynamics of the car requires more than just bolting on a splitter and larger rear wing. These modifications can at higher speeds cause adversely handling effects.馃憤馃嚭馃嚫
Yeah I'm reading and studying Julian Edgar's book on street car aero. First step for me is a smooth rear undertray. BTW I'm fairly certain history will look very unkindly on that "term." With one of my children being Asian I for one won't use it. Feel free to use it, but be aware it sounds a little, um, sketchy.

Registered
Wool tuft testing for visualization of boundary layer movement and you can use pressure pucks on a manometer for surface pressure readings--with enough positional readings you can generate a heat map of air pressure to quite accurately model aero. Ride height analysis at speed can qualitatively provide downforce information. Also, dust agglomeration on the surface can show pressure or mist/snow movement behind a vehicle can indicate of downforce or lift is the overall force on the car. Check out Julian Edgar's book Modifying the aerodynamics of your road car and his YouTube channel.

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
Wool tuft testing for visualization of boundary layer movement and you can use pressure pucks on a manometer for surface pressure readings--with enough positional readings you can generate a heat map of air pressure to quite accurately model aero. Ride height analysis at speed can qualitatively provide downforce information. Also, dust agglomeration on the surface can show pressure or mist/snow movement behind a vehicle can indicate of downforce or lift is the overall force on the car. Check out Julian Edgar's book Modifying the aerodynamics of your road car and his YouTube channel.
Where did you get Julian Edgar's book? I keep seeing it sold out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts