Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of trying this: 2019+ Veloster 2.0 Turbo Big Bore Throttle Body

This company is out of South Korea. Wonder if I need the ECU remapped or if it will work on a stock ecu? I just may do this mod to see. Let me know any opinions and if you have one already I'd love to hear a review. Also, this company is NOT "import-shark". Thank-GOD! These guys are safe, I bought from them before and I have not had any problems.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am thinking of trying this: 2019+ Veloster 2.0 Turbo Big Bore Throttle Body

This company is out of South Korea. Wonder if I need the ECU remapped or if it will work on a stock ecu? I just may do this mod to see. Let me know any opinions and if you have one already I'd love to hear a review. Also, this company is NOT "import-shark". Thank-GOD! These guys are safe, I bought from them before and I have not had any problems.

Best regards,

-Mike
A friend of mine had his throttle boddy bored from 60mm to 64mm i believe, with no remap. Paired with a throttle body spacer also bored to 64

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! Then that explains that! lol.... Thanks for the info.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
Do you have any expectations on the performance gained by this? I didn't see anything related to dyno performance on their website or briefly looking at the other forum post.
Without a tune the most you can expect is a bit smoother airflow which smoothens acceleration and rhe powerband in general.to see any substantial HP or TQ gains youd need sone sort of tune. The smoothness alone makes it worth it imo depending on the price.
Sweet! Then that explains that! lol.... Thanks for the info.

Br,

-Mike
Jesus Mike, i was so tired when i replied i didnt realize it was you asking the question 😂 i should have specified its a friend of "ours."

Id recommend personally asking for his opinion on how much of a difference it actually makes.

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of pairing this with a spacer combo. I don't really care about the HP gains as much as the smoother airflow. I had one on my 2014 Ford Fusion with the 2.0L turbo and it yielded 3hp and 6 ft lbs but it certainly smoothed out the airflow and felt like the car breathed better. We'll see, this won't be done till next season. Thanks for the feed back.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,
just installed the Boomba intake and throttle body spacers with the big bore throttle body. Noticed my idle rpm is slightly higher floating around 1000 rpm and seems to surge a little. Is this normal? Does it take sometime for the computer to relearn with the new throttle body? Thanks for any help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts