Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed my first air/fuel system service at 15,000 miles. I want to ask you all what your thoughts are about this service. I run a catch can, but figured this would still be good to do for optimum performance and fuel efficiency.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
600 Posts
I agree with RedVN. An OCC helps and is a good thing, but not a cure.

Reactions: Van Oster and RedVN

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tha
@Van Oster one of the best things you can do for the engine. A CC will catch liquid and doesn't do much for vapor. They won’t catch everything and intake valves will coke and carbon up regardless.

You've done well for the engine and your pocketbook.🙂👍🇺🇸
@Van Oster one of the best things you can do for the engine. A CC will catch liquid and doesn't do much for vapor. They won’t catch everything and intake valves will coke and carbon up regardless.

You've done well for the engine and your pocketbook.🙂👍🇺🇸
Thanks for the feedback Red!
im intrested on this one could you do a tutorial on how to do this ? im close to 15 k and i wanna do this too
Here is an instructional video from BG.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good for you! Even saved $300.00 a pop for the service.👍🇺🇸
Well...the equipment was about $700, so I'll have to do another service or two to make my money back. It's worth it to me as I like to do this stuff myself whenever I can. I don't trust shops to do it correctly. Bill

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
119 Posts
With the possibility of engine damage during this treatment it's definitely best to do it yourself. We care far more about our cars then the people performing the service. Good choice (y)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the possibility of engine damage during this treatment it's definitely best to do it yourself. We care far more about our cars then the people performing the service. Good choice (y)
My thinking exactly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts