Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was my first real encounter in this thing and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Commuting to work this morning I had a (2017?) Charger Daytona pull up behind me and tail me aggressively through a series of lights before my freeway on ramp, as I’m sure he could hear my exhaust pops haha. At the last light, just before the on-ramp, he pulled up next to me (it’s a two lane left signal) and wanted to go. We had two utility trucks in front of both of us so we had to wait until we got onto the freeway before we could open it up. Not going to lie, I was a little nervous, as he had a big old hood scoop and Hemi badging everywhere.
He had a slight advantage on me by the time we both floored it but I quickly reeled him in and then proceeded to lay a gap on him! I honestly did not think I was going to do that but it felt amazing! He backed off and then retreated and hid behind several cars behind me haha.
I do want to mention that I’m not stock: I’ve got the ram snorkel, Momentum CAI, Yames turbo inlet and a JB4 running map1, but all I can say is wow! Little KDM hatch just gave the sauce to some big American muscle haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Id assume it was a 5.7 hemi, not the 6.4. Still pretty neat the N can run with some high displacement

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’m sure it was, probably no way I’d be able to hang with the 6.4, those things are nasty.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
12 Posts
How do you like the JB4? Was it a big difference compared to stock?
Numbers for the 5.7 Chargers are:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.1 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.7 sec @ 105 mph

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upgrades I have are amazing, they’ve transformed the car! I haven’t tried map3 since we don’t have 93octane in California, but even just map1 with the induction upgrades have made the car a little beast. Highly recommended! The JB4 is super easy to install and intuitive to use, I can’t recommend it enough. I struggled with the option of buying the JB4 or the Rev6 and I’m glad I went with this one. Even the app is easy to use and nice to look at.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have the upgraded spark plugs to right?
I re-gapped my plugs and have been running them like this for about two months. I’m probably going to buy a rear motor Mount and the colder plugs next month though, the regap was just a holdover until I could grab a set of upgraded plugs. It runs perfectly fine though! And I recently pulled the plugs out to check to see how they’re looking and they still look good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hate those 0-60 numbers for the Challenger/Chargers. Literally the best I've ever got in my Challenger was 5.7 0-60. Having an open differential makes it a pain in the ass to get a good launch on stock width tires. You almost need 305s to not do a one wheel peel from a dead stop. Normally my 0-60 is over 6 seconds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts