Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
3 Posts
This is really encouraging, Destoups!

I did my first Auto X this past weekend with SASCA in San Antonio. The Reynoso family was also present and they crushed "DS" class. I was feeling pretty depressed about whether or not the Veloster N was truly competitive, then I found your link to the Texas National results. Wahoo! VN taking top two fastest times was really quite a boost.

I noticed that four-cylinder Camaros are also in DS. That seems like a huge horsepower disparity, but I guess we will see how it plays out as the season progresses. I feel lucky to be in the Novice class for now, since my times are 6 seconds behind the Fabulous Reynoso Family. And they share a car!? Amazing.

Thanks again to all for the pointers on tire choice, inflation, and other setup suggestions. It would have taken me years to figure out those variables.

See ya at the Track!
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have not weighed the VN but assuming it is right at 3,000. My turbo Camaro -- light exhaust and wheels, no gas -- was 3,150 or so on SCCA scales. Compared with VN, it had 8.5 wheels and much longer gearing (62-65 mph in second depending on tires), so big courses tend to favor it. But it's not half the fun.

@MorrisFam05 welcome aboard. If you're a novice seat time alone will cut that deficit really fast.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
3 Posts
You are kind to say so, Des!

Where can I access some of the Texas Auto X results for 2020 that you copied and pasted above? I would love to follow the local scene and come watch the Solo action.

Thank you!
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are kind to say so, Des!

Where can I access some of the Texas Auto X results for 2020 that you copied and pasted above? I would love to follow the local scene and come watch the Solo action.

Thank you!
Mike
Results will come from the website of the local club sponsoring the event. What I posted was the the national events -- there are a few dozen around the country every year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
New N owner. Been driving autocross for three years. GS and then STH. Want to stay in DS for now.

I've read this entire thread. Lots of good info, but still have questions.

Is the consensus that I do or do not need a larger rear sway bar? If so, which one?

I've got 18x8 racing wheels and Falken RT615K+ already. Anything else?

·
Registered
16 Posts
A lot might depend on your surface locally. I never thought my Type R needed a bar until I drove it on grippy concrete. So far VN hasn't needed one but not driven on concrete.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We drive on the same concrete that they parked B-58 Hustlers on in the fifties.

LOL. It's probably not the original concrete but it is old. So gritty, pebbles, dusty concrete.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts