Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto Guide has posted up a written review of the Veloster N, which they believe is a great vehicle both for daily commuting and track days. You cant undervalue what Hyundai has delivered for the price, just don't expect it to set any new benchmarks for the segment. When it comes to taking market share, its all about timing. https://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/hyundai/2019-hyundai-veloster-n-review

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seen a number of reviews already and this one covers some good points, although very common points. It still amazes me that with all the parts bin picking that it came out this good.
Hyundai didn't even have a dedicated engine for the VN unlike some other car maker that upped investment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hyundai couldn't have introduced this model at a better time, since the Focus is on its way out and VW has been detuning their Golf models. It's still a far cry from what Honda has achieved in the FK8, but they've been developing the Type R platform for decades.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have heard that VW has a 400hp hybrid Golf R in the works, so I wouldn't discount it just yet. Never been a huge fan of the overstyling of the CTR, but it does look like they are offering some less extravagant wing options for 2019.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Heard about that as well and while it will be great for the performance hatch segment, there will always be space throughout the range for other types that meet the different needs consumers have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can bet that a Golf R with that kind of powerplant wont be cheap and is likely to sit at the top of the pricing spectrum. The VN is a hot hatch for those on a budget, and I think we will be surprised of what's achievable with a tune and some aftermarket mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts