Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seems like a good solution for a comfortable ride on those long straight flat roads

The Stinger forums are filled with owners that installed this and are happy with results.

Randy

What's the speed of dark?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yep, me gottie the first one!! Did from the very start, when they were offered by rpmtrade on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronically-Controlled-Suspension-Module-Mando-ECS10-For-Hyundai-Veloster-N/183937808917?hash=item2ad38c3a15:g:bVIAAOSwkiFdbJAB

I asked them if they could handle the resale and sure enough it happened. Brecks Garage in Korea were the first to handle them. However, Mando restricted them from selling to the US. I talked to four different eBAy vendors, who I knew were able to get them.

I bought the first in the US on 04 Sep 2019. Been utilizing it ever since. It works in every mode as you set it. I also put a small inline switch to cut it off if I decided to revert back to the OEM setting. You can read the thread about the Mando ECS 10 on the N-Car Forum. It's got photos and install instructions, as well as some very good tips for install. No sense in reinventing the wheel;

https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/mando-module-to-tune-veloster-n-suspension-computer.3825/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, me gottie the first one!! Did from the very start, when they were offered by rpmtrade on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronically-Controlled-Suspension-Module-Mando-ECS10-For-Hyundai-Veloster-N/183937808917?hash=item2ad38c3a15:g:bVIAAOSwkiFdbJAB

I asked them if they could handle the resale and sure enough it happened. Brecks Garage in Korea were the first to handle them. However, Mando restricted them from selling to the US. I talked to four different eBAy vendors, who I knew were able to get them.

I bought the first in the US on 04 Sep 2019. Been utilizing it ever since. It works in every mode as you set it. I also put a small inline switch to cut it off if I decided to revert back to the OEM setting. You can read the thread about the Mando ECS 10 on the N-Car Forum. It's got photos and install instructions, as well as some very good tips for install. No sense in reinventing the wheel;

https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/mando-module-to-tune-veloster-n-suspension-computer.3825/
Very interested in this. How are the Normal, Sport, and Sport+ setting in the app compared to the stock settings? And what stock mode are you in when you use the Mando unit with the app? How are the the adjustments in the advanced tab on the app? I guess just in general how much of an improvement is it over the stock settings?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I bit the bullet and ordered one. I'm mostly interested in the comfort mode since the Sport and Sport + seem just fine.

I'll post results when I receive it and install it.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
OK, I bit the bullet and ordered one. I'm mostly interested in the comfort mode since the Sport and Sport + seem just fine.

I'll post results when I receive it and install it.....
Where did you order it from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm waiting for the temp to get to at least 40deg before I go outside and install this.'

BTW: I ordered it last Saturday, from Korea, and got it Wednesday!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update....

Installed unit in about 15min - reason it took so long is difficulty separating the lower steering shaft cover.

So far I don't feel any difference:( but in all fairness, I didn't get to test it on a long bumpy road. That will happen later today. I'll post impressions then.

Otherwise, super simple to install. I bought a Micro 2 Fuse tap from NAPA auto parts (cost $16), inserted it in the 15amp heated seat circuit (no heated seats in my US spec car:( ) then fired-up the car, connected to unit with iPhone app, then selected Comfort. Took a while to understand that I needed to apply the setting (no instructions in English) before it would respond. Unit says setting applied, but I couldn't tell any difference in any of the modes. I even created 2 custom modes; made one full soft, the other full hard. No difference.

Like I said before, I'll spend more time later today...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Update....

Installed unit in about 15min - reason it took so long is difficulty separating the lower steering shaft cover.

So far I don't feel any difference:( but in all fairness, I didn't get to test it on a long bumpy road. That will happen later today. I'll post impressions then.

Otherwise, super simple to install. I bought a Micro 2 Fuse tap from NAPA auto parts (cost $16), inserted it in the 15amp heated seat circuit (no heated seats in my US spec car:( ) then fired-up the car, connected to unit with iPhone app, then selected Comfort. Took a while to understand that I needed to apply the setting (no instructions in English) before it would respond. Unit says setting applied, but I couldn't tell any difference in any of the modes. I even created 2 custom modes; made one full soft, the other full hard. No difference.

Like I said before, I'll spend more time later today...
Definitely keep us updated. What mode does the car need to be in for the Mondo unit too work? Or does it matter?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, sorry for the delay in updating my impressions.

Firstly, in the custom mode I put it to full soft on compression and 50% soft on rebound. Really smooths out the ride. I switched back and forth several times and did indeed notice the difference. Mind you, my original purpose was to smooth-out the ride so that my wife would ride along - stock was too harsh for her taste. Mission accomplished:)

Secondly, it may just be my imagination, but their Sport + mode seems to make the car handle a little better when there are bumps mid-corner. I think their claim that stock uses only 60% travel and they use 100% travel may be true.

Thirdly, lots of fun tweaking it:) I only wish they would make an Apple Car compatible version (or an Android Auto*) because that big touch screen is so handy....

* - since i don't currently own an Android device, I'm making an assumption. If there are any owners with this unit that are on Android and it works on the big screen, please let me know - it's just one more reason to switch from iPhone....

Randy

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can download the app to an iPad mini and have a really big screen. Buy a larger iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Max, XR etc. if you want a bigger screen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, that's always an option, but it would be really cool to have a "native" app display on the Apple Car panel. Even better if this could be incorporated into the existing N customization screen.

I wonder if it's possible to hack the stock OS to customize the menus....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts