Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I did do a search and didn’t see anything about it. Anyway, the intercooler kits on the market right now are obviously pretty steep in price. Mishimoto makes universal intercoolers that are DRASTICALLY cheaper than what’s available for direct fit kits. Has anyone looked into this/attempted it? I’m thinking about possibly going down this route and am going to contact Mishimoto to see if they have any suggestions for me. Wanted to reach out and see what you all think. I saw a YouTube video of a guy fitting his Focus ST with a universal intercooler because it’s so much cheaper than Mishimoto’s direct fit kit! I’m pretty new to tuning but I’m mechanically inclined and a skilled facilities maintenance technician by trade (electrical, carpentry, plumbing, water treatment etc.) so i feel comfortable enough mechanically to attempt something like this.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wouldn't do mishimoto, but I have considered grabbing a Vibrant IC core and having something custom made. Vibrant and BorgWarner tend to be the top names in IC cores and for good reason.

You could even grab one of their premade ones and with a good enough skill set get it to work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes there is a kit on Ebay for the RX-7 that works. At least one person on the FB groups has installed it. For only $325 and a little tweaking you can use it. I am told you have to notch the crash bar on the back side a little bit in two places. I am thinking I may try it this winter. Actually they sell just the intercooler for about $170, but if I remember correctly the guy I talked to who did it said he used some of the pipe and fittings from the kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts