Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
101 Posts
If you are on the N Owners group FB page there is an individual on there in S. Korea that can order it for you. There is a very long wait though as they have been out of stock and incoming stock has no ETA. So it's risky as you just send him $150 and he will get it to you when available. The bottom next to the lane assist however does not seem to work for those that have done the swap. I imagine that shouldn't be too hard of a fix though since that button is the press in for the right toggle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious, what do you plan to do with it?
Most likely install it on my veloster N, there are afew videos on it. It’s a hassle but I like the idea of pushing a red button and going “faster” like the movies

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh cool I didn't realize it included the entire right button assembly. Then you can yell "Too soon, junior!" every time.
Ye exactly, it looks risky to install since you can easily damage the clips and stuff and playing with the steering wheel (airbag and stuff). But when I go for my first service maybe I’ll ask them if they sell that part and see how much it is

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Mr. Kim in Sough Korea is in the hospital from a vehicle accident. He will be out of action for a little while. I’ll keep attempting to contact him and post when he’s available.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anyone know where I can purchase the red NGS button from the new Elantra N in Canada?
Have you tried just going to the parts department at your local Hyundai dealership and asking them? Elantra N and Kona N have the same parts needed for the mod. I bet the parts guys could at least get you the right part numbers for the button assembly and the plastic back plate. Then it's just a matter of either ordering it straight up through them or Googl'ing the part numbers and finding them that way. I don't think there is a need to source those parts straight from Korea because these parts aren't exclusively on just the Korean versions of the Elantra or Kona.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried just going to the parts department at your local Hyundai dealership and asking them? Elantra N and Kona N have the same parts needed for the mod. I bet the parts guys could at least get you the right part numbers for the button assembly and the plastic back plate. Then it's just a matter of either ordering it straight up through them or Googl'ing the part numbers and finding them that way. I don't think there is a need to source those parts straight from Korea because these parts aren't exclusively on just the Korean versions of the Elantra or Kona.
Ye that’s exactly what I have in mind, however small problem is I still need to wait a bit due to the fact that these cars were announced in canada but not many are still in the road. In fact I saw a Instagram where the first one was sold last week here but will take longer to ship. I also do not have the parts number so I hope those guys are nice enough to spend a bit of time finding all the right parts specially the back plate. I’m planning on to asking them when I go for my first oil change in March. I’ll see how much it costs.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
101 Posts
I have been in contact with another guy in Seoul who says they are out of stock from South Korean dealers. He put me and a few others on a wait list. They don't seem to be listed in parts departments yet at Hyundai here. Even when they are, I doubt they will be in stock for awhile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been in contact with another guy in Seoul who says they are out of stock from South Korean dealers. He put me and a few others on a wait list. They don't seem to be listed in parts departments yet at Hyundai here. Even when they are, I doubt they will be in stock for awhile.
Ye most likely will be a hard part to get, however let me know how the installation goes when you do get it because I always get pretty scared working with big parts like steering wheel incase if things going wrong.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
101 Posts
Ye most likely will be a hard part to get, however let me know how the installation goes when you do get it because I always get pretty scared working with big parts like steering wheel incase if things going wrong.
I also ordered a custom wheel from SC Garage Works, so was planning on putting it on when the wheel and NGS parts all come in eventually. I have replaced lots of steering wheels. Just disconnect the battery and take your time with the clips. The scariest part is braking a clip and things not seating correctly. Nothing to be scared of :).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also ordered a custom wheel from SC Garage Works, so was planning on putting it on when the wheel and NGS parts all come in eventually. I have replaced lots of steering wheels. Just disconnect the battery and take your time with the clips. The scariest part is braking a clip and things not seating correctly. Nothing to be scared of :).
Yeah those carbon fibre alcantara steering wheels they make are so so nice. My cars currently stock but only been few months since I’ve had it. Starting to realize car mods ain’t cheap lol.

·
Registered
2022 VN Phantom Black DCT
15 Posts
Did a small drive to my local Hyundai dealership hoping to get part #'s for the new steering back plate and new controls with the red NGS buttons and they don't have the parts " catalog " yet for the Elantra N or the Kona N. The parts girl even said they still don't have any parts listing for the new Ionic 5 even though they sold a bunch of them already.

She's supposed to get back to me with both part #'s once they get the parts listing for both the Elantra and Kona N. She has been super helpful previously with the rear fog light retrofit.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
101 Posts
The Kona N has buttons for adaptive cruise control on the side with NGS which we don't have. The Elantra N has a pause button that we have on the right toggle when it's pressed in. So far the pause does not work on swapped ones, but there may be a fix for that. There is no fix for an adaptive cruise button.

Kona N buttons:
Gadget Audio equipment Office equipment Home appliance Output device

Elantra N buttons:
Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Here are the part numbers I got off the guy from FB. This is the Korean spec though

Bicycle part Font Auto part Circle Bicycle drivetrain part

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess he took good care of not giving you the actual part #'s, these are the diagrams parts identifications, not actual part #'s... see below, took this one from a random site I found, this is not the correct part # we are looking for lol

The pause button is most likely for the engine start/stop when you're at a stop light or in traffic jam.

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
A parts schematic is not available for the 2021-22 Steering Wheel. If your looking for the NGS button it was available on the 2021 VN. Suggest you focus on this with your local dealership.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
15 Posts
Red, the NGS button on the 2021 VN is not what we are looking for here, already got it on my VN DCT 😉 Looking for the one on the Elantra N which is like the red one posted above. Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, not changing it for color, could not careless of the color lol The original one on my car is kind of sketchy to use on the track while the red one from the Elantra N is kind of remotely located, way much easier to use.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts